Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all - just thought I'd share some insight on the band and Water. They should be best friends! :)

I've always struggled in keeping myself hydrated...but I'll tell you what...if I don't, my band notices.

Since starting my most recent diet again, I told myself I was going to drink at least 6 12.9oz bottles of Water a day and I was and all of those days, I was able to eat NO PROBLEM. No stuck feeling..I was able to eat NORMAL. lol

Today, I got busy at work, etc. etc. and missed out on some water like I should have and my band is yelling at me now that it's lunch time.

I'm on a high Protein high fat low carb diet and I've always had problems with Protein (chicken) going down, but if i drink enough water throughout the day, it's way easier.

So, just a tip for new & old bandsters. DRINK THAT WATER! It really does make a difference! :)

good to know thanks! i finally reached what i think will be a good level of restriction but im struggling with getting stuck every few times a week i will increase my Water and see if it helps thanks :)

good to know thanks! i finally reached what i think will be a good level of restriction but im struggling with getting stuck every few times a week i will increase my Water and see if it helps thanks :)

Good plan! I have pretty good restriction and barely ever PB...the only time i find I get stuck is when I 'm not hydrated...

Good post :)

I'm glad I read this post. I was definitely getting stuck and then having to throw up. This helped me tremendously. Thanks for the info!

Good info!

Thanks!

You are so right!!! I've been so busy and sluggish but have also had less Water and Protein up until today. Feeling so much better and band is not being so finicky today, finally feeling better.

Interesting post. I have been really slacking on my H2O intake lately. I was drinking at least 8 glasses per day, but for the past two weeks, things have been CRAZY at work, my youngest son has had football practice 4 evenings per week, and I'm just on the go, go, go and forgetting to drink my Water. Wondering if that could be why my band is so tight for the last week (not TOM, don't have that anymore). food has been either going down very slow or getting stuck. Had a stuck episode for an hour last night. Put myself on liquid/purée diet today...gonna do this for 3 days, up my water intake and see if that helps. We'll see...

It sounds like our lives are getting busy that we are forgetting to take care of our needs too! I'll get back on track and finally concentrating on Water intake and exercise again after getting kids situated to school again.

It sounds like our lives are getting busy that we are forgetting to take care of our needs too! I'll get back on track and finally concentrating on Water intake and exercise again after getting kids situated to school again.

Keep Water bottles in your house at all times! You can get generic case of 24 for like $3-5. I keep my frig stored full of them and ALWAYS have a water bottle with me everywhere i go. Like at work, I bring my water bottle and refill at water fountain everytime it's empty.

There is a great container that keeps ice in it all day long keepin Water and beverages cold, this has helped me. The name is called Contigo. This water/ coffee cup is sold on QVC but also online...and spill proof. I love this and carry it around all the time..I just need to remember to drink! Check it out.

There is a great container that keeps ice in it all day long keepin Water and beverages cold, this has helped me. The name is called Contigo. This water/ coffee cup is sold on QVC but also online...and spill proof. I love this and carry it around all the time..I just need to remember to drink! Check it out.

There is another brand as well called Tervis that is sold in stores that carry it (like MAcy's, Bealls, etc) They keep ice and drinks cold. Also, if you want something a little cheaper, Walmart has "to-go" like cups with the straws in them that are plastic and they work great as well.

I try not to drink ice cold Water though which is why i usually just carry bottled water with me. Ice cold water tightens me...especially if i drink close to a time i am going to be eating.

I never thought about too cold and band tightening.Thx:)