Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dismantle my life

Well, I've withdrawn from school today. Still not sure how I feel about that. Releived and sad I suppose.

My cohort got me a beautiful book on Monet, they all signed it like a year book. They gave it to me at lunch, and they all showed up. I thought that was very nice of them.

My DH will be here in a couple of hours so we can begin packing up my apartment completely. Releieved and sad there too.

I posted a question on the OHSU web site, asking a question of one of their docs, and I have a phone consult at 9:30 on a Friday night! The medical school there is one of the top facilities in the country for Cushings... Of all the wildness....

Vines -- nothing wrong with a re-group. You have ALOT going on right now. Part of the whole "circle of life" thing is that sometimes you are a giver, and sometimes you are a taker. Right now you need us more than we need you, and I know that may not have come out right, but take our support and know that we are all pulling for you in this time of transition. You have done more than your share of giving and now it's time to let us shower you with support. Keep us all posted, and BTW what is that Dr's phone #?!?!?!?!?!?

LaReine, I had to laugh about the tulips. I lived up in Skagit county for several years and never made it once to the festival, but I sure went before and after to have the fields to myself. This year was the first time since I've been away that I got home in time to see all my crocus bulbs in the lawn. I obviously need to plant many more bulbs. :)

April is fast approaching - so you're just going to have to get up there and enjoy the beauty (I know you know exactly what I am talking about!). :) (it's not a tulip, but close enough!)

Safe travels home.

Hugs Crystal.

LBT loves you! Keep us posted when you finally do get the results.

I think that Nurse needs to be kicked up-side the head. Has nothing every happened to her that she was panicked and worried about? Geez!

Monster Hugs! Enjoy civilization and your wonderful family.

Well, I'm all home. We got almost everything in the truck and my car except for my spinning wheel and 4 totes of stuff. My M-I-L drove back with me and we had a very nice time together. I've never really spent much time with her, so this was a chance to bond.

It took what felt like forever to get everything packed and cleaned, but it only took a day. I left the apartment like I like to move into one, with a few hangers, a shower curtian, soap and TP. Once you have to pass Navy housing inspections, well you know how to leave an apartment!

It snowed about 3 inches of wonderful wet big flaked snow Saturday night while we were packing up the truck. We'd gone to dinner in our t-shirts because the night was so relatively warm--high 50's. That's warm when the weather has been for months in the teens as a daytime high... By the time we were done, a big storm had blown in, and I do mean blow! The temp had dropped about 25-30 degrees in an hour, and was snowing hard!

By the time we got up the next morning, late because the motel lost power, all the roads were bare and wet, so we didn't have to worry about that, but it was C-O-L-D with that wind blowing. But DH got off and only had to stop the truck about 8 times to re-secure the load. It was blowing so hard that he almost lost one bin--it was litterally hanging off the end of the truck by a bungie cord! The cheze lounge was almost a lost cause too, but he was able to get it home safe and sound!

It took us about 14 hours to get home. That is a long-ass trip when you are crammed into a vihicle with a big chuck of your worldy possessions... And your MIL whom you hardly know. I did most of the driving, and had to stop when it got dark. I can no longer see in the dark. This started a couple of weeks ago, I can't read road signs until they are 2 seconds close. Not a good thing. So Mary Lynn took over and drove the last 4 hours home.

Heh, I was Miss Cranky-pants when we got home, so I took my meds and went to bed.

So, now comes the long process of unpacking and re-integrating myself and my junk back into my family. I already have a few rules that will change, like "thou shalt put the new roll of TP onto the spinner" and "thou shalt hang up your jackets" and "thou shalt not cover the antique furniture with your motorcycle parts and gear" to implement.

I'm going to take a break from unpacking to drive down to the lab and pick up my lab results.

I want to thank all of you for your love and support. It really means so much to me knowing that you are here for me, weaving a mesh of love and hope around me, prayers and white lights and positive energy combining to create a cocoon of kindness to sustain me for my fight.

Thank you, most sincerely and honestly

I want to thank all of you for your love and support. It really means so much to me knowing that you are here for me, weaving a mesh of love and hope around me, prayers and white lights and positive energy combining to create a cocoon of kindness to sustain me for my fight.

Poetry, I say. That is so lovely. Thank you.

Crystal, (((HUGS))). I am so glad to hear that you're home and surrounded by family. I'm sure it will take a little readjustment for everybody, but home is where you need to be right now. Now boys - pick up those coats! Men... :)

Crystal, I haven't been around much recently, but I had to read your thread. I'm so glad you're back with family and friends who love you, and away from the hated Taterterra. I hope you'll be able to relax into a comfortable life and finally get some answers from the docs. Sending good thoughts your way.

thou shalt not cover the antique furniture with your motorcycle parts and gear"

You mean THATS not part of the decor??? hehe

Glad you are home, but most MOST importantly - SAFE!

The only other way the road trip wouldve been better is if you'd had MY 3 kids in the back seat whinning/fighting/spitting/yelling/killing each other ~WITH MIL in the front seat.... for 14 hours.

:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

well, currently, it is part of the decor, but that is about to suddenly change. And no, engine grease is not good for wood.

Paula, there was no room for anything else in my car, so your 3 kids will have to wait for the next road trip, sorry.

I've been wondering where you've been Zoe, I've been missing your smiling face.

I just got off the phone with my doc's nurse, and she said everthing is ready and waiting for him to write the letter. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to him tomorrow. I was able to get down to the lab, but they couldn't/wouldn't release any information. The head office of the lab is going to mail a release form to me so they can get me the results. I'm ready to pitch a major hissie fit

Glad to hear you are home safe. If I went to a lab to get my results and they told him I couldn't have them, I probably WOULD pitch a hissy fit! I'm so sick of doctors and their staff and how they treat people who need help! Anyway...

I'm glad that everyone's warm fuzzies are helping you out too. I can't imagine how nice it must be to be tuckin' in with the family when you didn't think you'd be able to for a while. :D

Hi Crystal,

I haven't been around here lately due to my own life crisis so I'm not sure what's happening with you BUT I have a really bad attitude right now with the medical industry so if you need somebody to help you confront a nasty attitude nurse/doctor or other I am your woman. Just say the word.

As for you supporting us....it's supposed to go both ways. Sit back and let other support you. We love you.