Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confession For My Own Good....

ok... so this past weekend I cheated on my good eating habits a lot. I was out of town and kept saying I would get right back on track. Well, two days into the work week and I am still not back where I should be.

I have always been an emotional eater and I am under mad stress with work and personal life. My gym is closed all week for the annual clean and repair shutdown so I am trying to get to a surrogate gym tonight since I haven't had a work out since FRIDAY.

I know I have personal life issues that need to be handled, but that's no excuse. If I can't handle them now... those doubts are creepeing in.

I don't have second thoughts about having the procedure. It's more those fears of failing the band are niggling at my brain. I am hoping that by posting my struggle so publicly, you all will help me get my head on straight. I don't need coddled... I need my butt kicked!!

oh and P.S..... daily Cookies, chips and candy at work for the last week... I could smack my co-workers!!!!

Get back on track, girl! You'll feel SO much better when you don't have the stress and guilt of eating badly. Don't get hung up on your slip-up, just right your wrongs today, NOW, and focus ahead. (Was that non-coddling enough?!).

The pre-op time is a great time to get used to the healthy lifestyle we all strive to live. That being said, it's human nature to make mistakes, give into temptation, etc. I'm currently resetting myself - - I ate too much last night, and although it wasn't horribly unhealthy, it wasn't my normal meal plan. I feel crummy from the not-so-great food so I'm doing Protein shakes today and a light dinner. I felt a twinge of guilt after I was finished eating but shook it off, knowing that this was a rare event and I will do better from that moment on.

So, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, find a new outlet for exercise this week and get focused on your meal plan. Prove to yourself you can be strong and overcome the temptation. Trust me, walking away from the cupcake or candy bar feels empowering.

Do the best you can now; don't cheat at all on the pre-op diet; and keep up the good work after surgery! It will be okay. I had a bucket list of foods before my new life began and I enjoyed every bite. I went into this new phase with no regrets. But that's me. Good luck!

Thanks all! I know I could have been WAY worse... I did get a fruit & yogurt parfait ONLY at McD's.... I just don't want to back slide.

just had cottage cheese and a whipped yoogurt for lunch and sf candy and cocoa roast almonds for a snack.< /sub>

I am not hungery.... but I know I want "something" else.... mind over matter, right?

Rhondamarie - OK, bend over here comes the butt Kick ...Now that this is over, get back up and back on track. We have all been in your shoes - and more than once I might add. The band is around your stomach not your brain and your brain is making you eat junk, I know, because my brain does the same thing to me. This is not an easy journey. The band and the support on this sight are big helps but in the end it is up to you. Hang in there kiddo, this will pass - home, work, stress and Cookies !! Hope today is a good day for you. Take it from one banded 13 months, you will have these times and they will pass...I am down over 100 pounds and it is hard work..sometimes harder than others.

Melinda in Florida

Yep... get back on the wagon, it can really snowball. So it happened, put it behind you and get back to what you know is right!

I understand how you feel i am n a similar situation. Ive been stressed for the past week and ive been eating things i normally would not have eaten. Today i was sitting here thinking that i can do well all month and the week before i go to the doctor i start eating crap. Then once i get to the doctor's office i get yelled at because they want to know why i am gaining weight.

I am learning not to stress over the bad days just get back on the band wagon. You can do this!

AJ

When Im under stress and having any type of issues, the gym is what helps me get through it. For that 1 1/12 hours, I put all I have in at the gym and I feel so much better about things.

Maybe try doing that to help you manage what you have going on?

I feel your pain. I have been on 100% liquid diet since Wednesday and had a moment of weakness that lead to some Sushi. I got right back on track, I don't feel guilty and I actually lost a few more pounds. It is all mind over matter, if you think it you can do it. Thin like a thin person. Pick up a pen and doodle or write how you are feeling instead of eating to cure your stress. You can do this!

I did make it to another branch of my gym last night and under my calorie count for yesterday. Slowly but surely I will get back after it.

Third nutrition class tomorrow and pre-admit testing on Friday morning....gotta check those off and then all that remains is final weigh in and final surgeon appt to sign consent, etc. My coordinator is confident that insurance approval will sail through so let's keep this train moving!!