Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inconsistent Band

kpeterson1965
Sign in to follow this  

Is anyone else experiencing an inconsistent band? I had my third fill a little over 2 weeks ago and am at 7.0 ccs in a 10 cc band. I have had many "stuck" episodes. Some where food isn't really stuck, but kind of hurts going down. I can not eat any type of chicken breast or turkey breast, even the moist deli kind. It comes right back up. But then on the other hand, I've been able to eat a LOT of pizza at one sitting with no problem and didn't get full until I'd had about 2 1/2 slices of a medium pizza. Can anyone explain that? I wasn't drinking any liquid with the pizza either. Could it be the high fat/oil content of the pizza making it so slippery as to slide right past the band? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

That is strange for sure I would talk with your doctor and have him check you

Thanks. I called after I wrote this and have an appointment for Wednesday morning. I hope to get some answers.

I have noticed I am tighter some days than others. I can eat the exact same thing two days in a row... one day I can eat 1 cup, the next day I am struggling to get in 1/2 that. I do find that unhealthier food goes through my band easier though. ironic.

Since I first posted this, I had 0.4 ccs removed and immediately could eat again without vomiting. It was not pleasant, but probably a good thing to experience it so I now know what it feels like to be too tight. Wednesday I had a follow-up appt. and dr. put 0.2 back in. I can tell I'm tighter already and hoping that this will be the sweet spot. It is so weird that such a small adjustment makes such a big difference. It is such a learning experience, where everyday you learn something new. Anyone else at the sweet spot? How many fills did it take?

Wow, crazy .2 made such a difference with your band. I like that so many doctors are going slow with fills though, so that we can adjust to the new way of eating each time.

I only have 1cc in my band and am pretty sure I'm in the green zone. That's what my doctor tells me anyway. It took 1 fill. lol. My doctor put in 3ccs at the appt, I drank the Water and it was bubbling like crazy so she took 2ccs out.

I am losing consistently, stay full for probably 4 hours (if I eat a quality, Protein heavy meal) and can never eat more than 1 cup. So far so good.