Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Week Post Op....feeling Overwhelmed!

Tomorrow is my 1 week post op doctor's appointment. Surgery went smoothly and I haven't had problems so far. I have soreness at the incision site of the port, but other than that I feel good. That is, physically. Emotionally, I feel like it's another story.

I feel sad. I have no idea why. I am already bored and tired of the full liquid diet. Soup/broth, sf pudding, sf Jello, Protein shakes. I am frustrated to the point of crying. I'm also questioning if I can actually DO this.

I just feel like such a wreck.

Be positive with everything you do. It does work but you are the only one that can succeed. The band is a tool, use it and you will drop the weight. We are all here for you and for us to all Succeed in losing weight. We are a big support group and I'm sure many here have gone through what you're feeling. I'm only 1 week since surgery, but I know I want to be healthy and be able to do normal things again. I will succeed.

Best wishes and hang in there. WE all Care!

A few things....first, a side effect of anesthesia is the blues. Believe it or not...I've experienced it many times after surgeries. I just felt like crying, no reason why. Also, after lap band, your diet has changed durastically and you no longer can take comfort in food when you're stressed, especially right post-op. I've heard a lot of people feel like they're mourning the loss of food. You've got big changes ahead, and that can be very overwhelming. Add in the fact that the post-op liquid diet is not fun an all.

All you can do is take it one day, rather, one decision, at a time. You CAN do this if you want to. I've done things on this journey that I never thought I could do. Reach out for support, this is a great forum to do that.

I wish you all of the success in the world!

Thank you all for the support. I DO know I can do this. I've wanted this for such a long time, and I am thrilled to have taken this step in getting my life back.

I think the depression part gets the better of me at times. I just feel like if I get to the soft/puree food stage, things might be a bit easier. I still have another week until, but hopefully a positive visit with the doctor tomorrow will help me get a bit more positive.

Find something that inspires you such as looking at before and after weight loss photos here and on YouTube. That might help give you the extra emotional boost you need to help get you through this tough time. I know you can do this! You've already come so far and just need to get over this hump.

Like what was said in previous posts, take each day, each hour at a time. I suffer from depression anyway and with this surgery I did get depressed again, it is a side effect. And I didnt have my food to comfort me, it was hard. You can do it, its hard, but it can be done. every day you get through you are closer to the mushy stage.

Keep your head up and know that you are not alone!

I actually have depression and anxiety as well. It hasn't been too bad lately, but I do think not having my comfort (food) to turn to is what is making it a bit harder right now. I definitely do appreciate all of the support here!

We have all been through this! You can do it :)

You can do this, I know you can! It is soooo worth it. Trust me 6 months from now when people start noticing how good you look you will smile knowing it was worth every minute you struggled, questioned, and endured your new lifestyle. I believe in you.

Thank you! You all are seriously awesome! I do not know anyone personally who has had this done, so I have felt pretty alone in this. It's nice to know I'm not! :D

I hope you're feeling less blue now. :)

I had this feeling about 2 weeks post-op. occasionally, I still get the feeling that I miss, yes, actually miss, food!!!!

When I see/smell fresh pizza or people are talking about food or restaurants. The worst was the food commercials on TV!!!!!

Now, 6 months post-op, I have those feelings about once or twice a month.

My cure was to find things other than food, to fill that space. I took up knitting again and I am doing more reading and yard work.

I find I have more energy at the end of the day so that I can do more!

It has been a wonderful learning experience!