Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IMMMMM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! (hehehehe)

Hey everyone...I am home.. today is Saturday..I got out Wednesday in the p.m. and went to stay with my mom for a couple of days....she doesnt have interent so I couldnt post but I came home today I feel great.........Come to find out...I had a hiatial (spelling????) hernia that he had to repair as well so my surgery took about 1 and 1/2 hours to complete because of that....When they woke me up..I was very very very nauseated even though they had given lots of stuff to keep me from getting that way.....I was so sick to my tummy....finally the doctor ordered they give me some glucose (sugar water) through my IV and I immeditaly perked up and got to feeling better...I think that my stomach was so empty from not eating for 7 days before that it made me sick from all the anthesia (spelling?) so they got me up and walked me and released me about 30 minutes after that..I had a 2 1/2 car ride home and that was tough...real tough...I never wanted to be home so bad in all my life....I was near tears by the time I got there but once I got to my moms and rested and slept for a little bit..I got to feeling much much better.....That little hangy down thing that hangs in the back of your throat was very irritated and swollen from the tube they put down my throat and it made me feel like I was choking but it was better by this morning...still a little irritated..but better......

I have a couple of ?'s for post ops.....

When you are full....does it feel kind of tight in your chest area???? is that how you know?

Why does EVERYTHING have to be sugar free.....I know that this is to lose weight..but i was wondering if I could have a little sugar of some sort that it would give me some energy because at this time I have NONE!......just curious about that??is it because of weight loss or is there a medical reason?

Anyone who reads this and is a post-op...tell me some ins and outs to watch for over the next few days please

Much love to all

Carla

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I am now a loser!

<!-- / message -->

I was banded on 2/22 in Mexico. I can relate to the ride home. Mine was on a plane and I get bumped from my flight. But that is another posting....

I was starving, starving, starving right after surgery and until I got home. That makes one weak and nauseated. What is your dietary order? I could have Protein Shakes and milk right away. That is what saved me. I wouldn't have made it without the carbs. :nervous

I was banded on 2/22 in Mexico. I can relate to the ride home. Mine was on a plane and I get bumped from my flight. But that is another posting....

I was starving, starving, starving right after surgery and until I got home. That makes one weak and nauseated. What is your dietary order? I could have Protein Shakes and milk right away. That is what saved me. I wouldn't have made it without the carbs. :nervous

for one week...no sugar at all...basically the same as my pre op diet was....I need a little sugar of some sort to give me so carbs for energy....I am not supposed to have any sugar/milk/or Protein Shakes until week 2 after surgery......I just am sooo sooo week...I am wondering if it would hurt if I had a little thin milk or something for some carbs!

I suffered with a lot of nausea and ended up in the hospital with complications which I posted in another thread. I never got through the Clear Liquids, and have only been on full liquids for a few days. I'm supposed to be able to go to pureed next week. I do feel a tightness in my chest also, which I think might have been just one spoon too much.

I agree with you...I think that is why I feel the tightness in my chest as well........a little too much at one time...I am going to read your other post about complications

Much luv and prayers for your recovery

Carla