Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need A Lap Band Buddy In Houston, Texas

I need a lap band buddy in Houston. I just need someone to talk to that knows what I am going through and maybe we can support each other through it.

Not in Houston but about 90 miles away banned 7/18/12. When were u banded?

I live in Houston just west of the Galleria area. I'd be happy to be your band buddy! Looks like I was banded just one day after you so congrats!

Not in Houston but about 90 miles away banned 7/18/12. When were u banded?

I was banded 8-01-12. So I am on three post op. Really sore today!! trying to remember to drink my Water. other then that, I'm doing well.

I live in Houston just west of the Galleria area. I'd be happy to be your band buddy! Looks like I was banded just one day after you so congrats!

That's awesome, how are you feeling? I'm not to bad I guess, but then the truth is I would have walked through hot coals to get this surgery so anything short of horrid pain would be nothing to me. My intake has revolved around sugar free Jello, Water, and chicken broth. Oh and I had my first Protein Shake today, of course it took me 3 hours to drink 1/4 of the can. hahaha. but hey... Let me know how you are!!! I wanna know the details! :)

For the most part I'm doing okay, I've been up and walking every hour and I haven't had hardly any gas pains so that's awesome. But I can't seem to get Water down for anything. I hope that will get better as time passes.

Dr. Reilly did my surgery too. He's great.

Not in Huston, but I got banded the same day as you 8/1 in Portland, OR. I read one of your posts saying you are hungry and have 2 weeks before you go in for an adjustment...me too! I'm starving and am freaking because I have 2 weeks as well and don't want to lose the 20lbs I have lost so far:) I'm so worried trying to get all my Protein in I am lacking in my Water intake. I'm trying to find a balance. Today is my first day on here, I'm looking for insight from others. Anyways, it seems we are on the same boat if you want friend:)

deleted

I will shoot you a friend request :)

I'm doing okay for the most part as far as the hunger levels go. I do get hungry, but I'm controlling it and I'm proud of myself as far as that. I've done okay with the cravings. I did let myself have one mini Hershey bar, figuring it wouldn't be that bad. Guess what? FIFTY calories in that little piece of chocolate that was smaller than my thumb. I learned my lesson. I also had one Pringle chip the other day because I was starving. Could have been better, but I chewed the heck out of it and that one chip did satisfy me until dinner. I guess I need to invest in some healthy Snacks for times like those.

Congrats on losing 20 pounds, way to go!! I'm getting a little nervous, my scale has me at the exact same weight since the day of my surgery. Other than the above, I haven't cheated a bit. How can you live on nothing but chicken broth for two weeks and not lose weight!? Grr!! Anyway I ordered a new scale from Amazon which is supposed to be the best. I'll try not to get too down on myself until I know what my actual weight is for sure xD Besides, the pants are fitting looser there's no denying that!

Not sure what your dr wants to do, but I told to do 3 Protein Shakes a day, with no sugar no carb, called Isopure no carb version. I also could have non fat cottage cheese (22 gr protein) and greek yogurt (17gr protein). and sugar free pudding (added Protein Powder to the skim milk and then added it to the pudding mix for Protein extra) I only loss 5 because the nutrionist had cream Soups low fat by mistake when it should of said low fat or fat free soups broth. So it brought their attention and they are going to change the brochure. I;ve loss 34 pounds since my journey on May 22nd which is 3 months on Aug 22nd.

Banded June 20, 2011 by dr Reilly at true results.

I live south of Houston. I'd be happy to be your buddy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

We are buddies! ^_^ I was just slacking off on MFP for a while. I could not get off the couch the first two weeks post op, I swear the effects that the broth diet had on me were a thousand times worse than what the surgery did. Doing much better now though, but I'm still not exercising like I should be. I'm jumping back on that wagon today dangit!!