Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Tomorrow!! What To Bring?

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm really surprised at the number of people that had a one night stay for their surgery. I was in at 0700 & home my 1330.

May I ask why so many of you had overnight stays?

I was also outpatient and left a few hours after. Some surgeons do require patients to stay overnight, no exceptions. Also, others may have more serious medical conditions that warrant overnight observation.

My surgery us tomorrow also at 6:30, prayers appreciated. My surgery is outpatient is yours?

Good luck Dian, wishing you a safe and smooth surgery.

I got there early this morning, about 6:30 with a 7am surgery. They put me under at about 8am and I left at 11:30 this morning. One thing I wish I'd brought was a light cotton jacket/hoodie. The IV left me pretty cold. I was under blankets and the nurse put a heater in with me, but once I had to get up and start walking around in my clothes, I was freezing. The pain isn't too bad, but I did request more medicine at the hospital just to be safe. I woke up with horrible gas pain, but the walking helps a LOT. I've probably only walked for 20 minutes total today and it's almost gone now.

They also gave me a little machine to take home to practice my breathing. It's hard to take deep breaths right now, but maybe that's from the leftover gas pains.

Thank you. Hope things get better

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm really surprised at the number of people that had a one night stay for their surgery. I was in at 0700 & home my 1330.

The facility I go to doesn't do outpatient.

I think my insurance required it. But I am also wondering if an overnight stay is standard for band patients at the hospital I had my surgery at. I talked to my surgeon a couple weeks before surgery and he put "overnight stay" on my chart. Personally I am so glad. It was my first surgery ever, and it was nice to have professionals taking care of me. Haha!

Jellyfish, so glad it went well. Welcome to the banded side!

I have to stay overnight for a 23 hour observation. Its just what my doctor and insurance require. They make sure i can drink and keep things down as well. Plus i have to show that i can get up and walk around on my own. I feel better doing this just incase something does go wrong i am already in good hands. Plus my hubby took off to be with me.

Well my day is on Monday, Aug 6. I'm ready and looking to moving on with the journey. I have to be at hospital at 11:15am, surgery at 1:15pm. Hoping it is in-n-out procedure and no problems. Best wishes to all

Well my day is on Monday, Aug 6. I'm ready and looking to moving on with the journey. I have to be at hospital at 11:15am, surgery at 1:15pm. Hoping it is in-n-out procedure and no problems. Best wishes to all

My prayers are with you.....Lord....we pray for Rojasanoll right now. Please give wisdom to the surgeons, a speedy recovery and we pray specifically for no complications in the short term....but also years down the road. We pray that his band will be a blessing....not only to himself...but Lord....let the influence of his new found weight loss be used to glorify Your Name....all the days of his life.

In Christ's name we pray - Amen !