Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 Post Op And I'm Starving

I thought I wasn't suppose to be hungry this week?!?! I'm doing the Protein Drinks but it's not making a big difference.

I wonder if you can take diet pills after surgery to help with the hunger. I'm definitely using Phentermine afterwards, I tried to go 4 hours with just my Protein shake and I was starving to death. My pre-op diet is one shake for Breakfast, lunch and a low-fat evening meal. I know I get two 100 calorie Snacks. I don't know how I'm doing this without appetite suppressants, you can't take them 2 weeks before surgery.

A lot of Water, exercise and prayer. I've never hungry after I work out.

no pills itcan expand urband for slip likeno ibp either i was starving to but i did loose 11 pnds thefirst week

Welcome to bandster hell. It will be like this till you get a fill that gives you restriction. Like B-52 says: Until there's restriction, it's just another diet!

Before anyone takes any medications(phentermine) after surgery, check with your doctor. Many meds can cause ulcers in your pouch that could lead to erosion and band removal.

tmf

I wouldn't recommend diet pills at all. There is a flury of side effects they can have on your body, and I think taking them freshly post-op may be dangerous. Just my two cents though :)

As TMF said, welcome to bandster hell. We've all been there and it's no fun. This is when you get to test your mental strength and will power. You CAN do this. I would just remind myself that there are people in the world who would LOVE to be able to have Protein drinks and Water all day. I wasn't, in fact, going to die of starvation....so my stomach had to get over it. And it did.

Find an activity to fill your time if you're stomach is trying to convince you to eat. I myself spend entirely too much time on here! It's a good distraction though. Drinking Water helps. I go running. Then at least I feel like I've worked up the appetite.

Good luck to you making it through Hell! You CAN do this!!

Drink Water n sugar free freeze pops, carnation protien complete Breakfast drink, crystal light,

Sent from my SGH-T989 using LapBandTalk

I thought I wasn't suppose to be hungry this week?!?! I'm doing the Protein drinks but it's not making a big difference.

the more you heal the hungier you get. at least it did for me.

am assuming you are on liquids..........drink drink and keep drinking. if you can

eat sf popsicles and Soup (chicken noodle strained was my fave). Protein is will keep you full and from being hungry.

please do not do pills that is just silly and could be dangerous.

if you are truly hungry later on and its not head hunger, then eat....but well, eat healthy....

you are healing. dont stress on things you cant control. what you can control is you.

Im only two and a half weeks post op but I literally thought I was going to go crazy. All i thought about all day long was a cheesburger. It consumed my days for 2 solid days, then the next day it was something else. I felt so depressed. I had realized not only how much my life revolved around food, but that it was now controlling my mind. I was on the couch in tears cause i wanted to eat so bad but knew my stomach didnt! My husband is the one who insisted I start talking to people on this sight. Just hearing from others and the positive input has been so helpful. But what ultimately helped was making the decision that it's just food. I am a grown woman and refuse to let non breathing/living substances make my daily decisions for me any longer. It realy is a mental challenge. We can do this!!!!

And don't watch tv. Commercials are delicious! Lol!!

Im only two and a half weeks post op but I literally thought I was going to go crazy. All i thought about all day long was a cheesburger. It consumed my days for 2 solid days, then the next day it was something else. I felt so depressed. I had realized not only how much my life revolved around food, but that it was now controlling my mind. I was on the couch in tears cause i wanted to eat so bad but knew my stomach didnt! My husband is the one who insisted I start talking to people on this sight. Just hearing from others and the positive input has been so helpful. But what ultimately helped was making the decision that it's just food. I am a grown woman and refuse to let non breathing/living substances make my daily decisions for me any longer. It realy is a mental challenge. We can do this!!!!

And don't watch tv. Commercials are delicious! Lol!!

all head hunger............you see it so you want it.

stay strong and you will overcome

I may sound like a sappy wimp but I LOVE you guys!!! LOL! I'm so glad I found this site. This is HELL! I'm having trouble drinking my Protein because I'm also nauseated. I know I gotta think about the outcome more. If this gas would hurry up and get out of my chest area that would be a bonus!

I may sound like a sappy wimp but I LOVE you guys!!! LOL! I'm so glad I found this site. This is HELL! I'm having trouble drinking my Protein because I'm also nauseated. I know I gotta think about the outcome more. If this gas would hurry up and get out of my chest area that would be a bonus!

the dr can give you something for nausea......that may help you. but push through and get that Protein in..

mix ur Protein with abanana what i do couldnt keep itdown either

(if you are on liquids, check with your dr to see if a pureed banana is okay. i was not allowed this until week 3/4 post op)