Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Hey all!!!

Thank you for giving me the perspective I needed on a day when I was truly discouraged!! I love you guys in a way that is different from everyone else. I need you too. I hope that makes sense and doesnt freak anyone out!!

Still trying,

GWIP, howdy neighbor!

Thanks for the kudos. Congrats on your progress too.

I still haven't heard back from the darn Sleepwell clinic. they are notoriously bad about working with me.

Northernsun, I've never heard of such a machine you can rent....does it hook up to your mask? The test last time cost about $3,000 for two nights studies...thank god for insurance but i still had to pay the first thousand.

Thanks

LKristyL- the machine is a reg c-pap- just like the one I bought last fall to replace my old and huge machine I got ions ago, except it has a computer hook up on it also. You use it as your c-pap - rent it for a month and it records all sorts of info including what pressure you draw everynight. there are a whole series of screens that they use and i would not have known except they left the manual with it so was able to follow what my pressure was everynight. After about 2 weeks when my pressure was the same everynight I returned it and they send a bunch of printouts out to my dr. Here is Minneapolis I use Apria Healthcare for the machine and all my supplies. The rental and all the computer printouts are definately less then a sleep study! I just needed to get a referral from my dr

Hey all. I'm having surgery July 9th, I have to lose another 20-25lbs before hand. Ive already lost 17. Its so hard. :help:

If I could lose weight on my own, Why would I get banded? Im just feeling frustrated and PMS ish.

Linda, I hear ya! It's very hard!

I've lost 44 so far and it hasn't been fast, I've been trying since late January. I had to be 335 to be approved, so I figure everything I lose on top of that is my jumpstart.

Pre-op was very difficult for me too! The most difficult I would say. I am getting ready for my second fill (tomorrow)... hoping for some real restriction. I have a long way to go to even get close to the word healthy!!

Linda-17# is great so far... I know it's very hard but keep it up, you are doing great!

and faithmd- I could have never lost 44# alone, and still haven't gotten there with my band, yet! I was banded 4-2-07 first fill 5-17-07 and going again tomorrow-wish me luck!

Thinking of you all on this journey with me.

I only have two more days of the pre-op diet and I will be banded. I am so relieved. I was never able to accept this diet and just suck it up. My life for a piece of fruit! I battled it every day (and on several days, unsuccessfully). I didn't lose as much weight as I hoped but I did take off 7.5 kilos /16.5 pounds. Not stellar but more than I would usually lose in any given month.

Hey everyone..haven't posted here in a while..My BMI was 52.2 to start and now i am down to 33 I cannot believe the difference..I am finally living a life i should of been living years ago :rolleyes:..Love you all :star:

~Kristen

Very inspiring to us newly banded ones Liberty2003!!!!!

Please tell us (who can't even imagine yet)...how does it feel?? Can you exercise and live daily life virtually pain free?

I started at the physicians office at 325 with a BMI well over 50! In 2004 I was 378 pounds. I lost done to 288 and had both knees replaced. Then I see sawed until 2006 July 24 when I had lap band. My BMI is 34 now and I have started to really struggle to get the rest of the weight off! I am at 210 now. I was a 3x and now am a 14 and that feels really good at 5'7" I am in a never never land now. It is tough!

My very first seminar was 11-2005......DRUM ROLL PLEASE..........................

I HAVE A August 1 surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I lost 7lbs since I saw the Psychologist 1 month ago!! YEAH!!!

My very first seminar was 11-2005......DRUM ROLL PLEASE..........................

I HAVE A August 1 surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I lost 7lbs since I saw the Psychologist 1 month ago!! YEAH!!!

Congrats on getting a date! I have no clue how you managed to wait so LONG!!!

Congrats on getting a date! I have no clue how you managed to wait so LONG!!!

The only reason for the delay was because I was in "Insurance Hell". I was ready in 2005!!!!! I AM READY!!!

Good Morning Friends...saw the Doc and nutritionist and have a surgery date of 06/21!!! Start 2 weeks of Medifast tomorrow....here we go...and I am ready!! Bless you 2bthinagn!!! I had trouble waiting a month around our vacation...I can't imagine your frustration.

Good Morning Friends...saw the Doc and nutritionist and have a surgery date of 06/21!!! Start 2 weeks of Medifast tomorrow....here we go...and I am ready!!

Bless you 2bthinagn!!! I had trouble waiting a month around our vacation...I can't imagine your frustration.

Good Luck ! It will be here before you know it !:clap2: