Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Check here for your BMI. http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/. (BMI of 34 is very close to plain old "overweight", and definitely nowhere near morbidly obese... wish I was there!)

You have to have your psych eval before you hand your paperwork in to your insurance co? Was it an eval to help determine need, or one to help determine qualification?

I went to the site and figured mine...its official I am obese, BMI 49.9. I guess I qualify to come here!

Hi I have been reading the posts but have not posted in awhile start my CIB diet Tuesday Feb 16th I have to do it for 4 weeks Surgeon normally reqest 2 wks but I have a large liver that needs more schrinking. I hope I can make it though the 4wks. It must be phycological :noidea: the tought of just liquids and no food. How hard of a time did you's have with it?

Terry

I had to do 10 days and it was really hard for me. The first few days were ok, then about the 3-5th day I had a very hard time, emotinally really. Then it seemed to get better for a couple of days, then by the 8th day I was very cranky.

However, I am so glad I had to do it. It really helped me with surgery I feel and the liquid stage after surgery was a lot easier for me since I could have all sorts of liquids and not just Clear Liquids. I felt like I was getting a treat. :confused:

Our Dr. said we could have some lean meat if we "just" had to have something to eat, boy that really helped me. So ask your Dr. about the lean meat.:hungry:

I guess we can round up for you. :)

I was a little surprised when I was approved because I have no co-morbidities. Good BP, good blood numbers, no apnea, no aches and pains, etc. I attribute my "no questions asked" approval to my high BMI. And that scares me. Because I look at myself now and I'm still REALLY overweight. I started off "super morbid obese", and am now "just" obese. If I tried to get approval now, I probably wouldn't get it per BMI under 40 (I'm at 39) and no comorbidities. And in a weird way that scares me, because I still have SO far to go.

*sigh*

Just some random thoughts for the day. :D

WELL YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ME...WELL I AM 36 I WAS BANDED AND FILLED 1/5/07 IN TJ MEXICO BY DOCTOR KELLY. I AM A MOTHER OF A N 11 YR OLD SON I WEIGH IN AT 330 I HAVE A BMI OF OVER 50 I AM SCARED TO DEATH!:faint: I HAVE TO MAKE THIS WORK ITS MY LAST CHANCE SO I NEED SOME ENCOURAGEMENT I FEEL LIKE ITS NOT WORKING BUT THAT JUST MAY BE MY OLD BRAIN WORKING.

Tina--11 days out and you alreaky feel like it is not working? Do you have some post surgery depression or something going on. Give us some more details and tell us why you feel this way.

Hugs

No I just feel hungry it must be my mind set not real. I don't feel full so I just tell myself I am so I don't know if its just the newness or its my brain, i have lost 6lbs so I am aware that its working. Whats so frustrating I don't know what to eat at this point. Because I have just got banded And I just got my fill the same day of 8 ccs so I don't know if I should do lquid or try food. any suggestions?

Hi Tina,

when were you banded? your surgeon should have provided you food guidelines - if not call and ask. every surgeon is different.

i was on liquids the first week then mushies then gradually increased to solids. make sure you are getting your Protein in.

remember you do not want to be "full" - you want to aim for "not hungry".

good luck.

Wow, already filled... maybe that means you get to skip bandster hell. Most surgeons provide a food plan for post surgery. Did yours? Most of them go something like this...

2 weeks of liquids (protein shakes (slimfast low carb, Atkins advantage, optifast) yogurt, smooth Soups, etc.

1 week of blenderized or mushee foods (mashed potatoes, applesause, baby food)

1 week of soft food (baked fish, soft cooked veggies)

My dr. gave me a book type thing describing each phase. did yours give you any handouts or anything? Keep coming here, we will help you get through it.

I definitely think you should be on liquids right now.

I am serious about my exercise right now and want to make the investment into good walking shoes. I found some less then $100 which I think is good. I found out I need a freaking size 14 ww. They are kinda ugly but feel good. I can't even get a pair of shoes that look decent. I just feel like the freaking 459 6'1" monster again. I just don't feel normal. I can't buy normal anything. What the hell is a size 32. Girls don't wear 14, oh yeah of course they are mens shoes. Can I simply get a pair of pink running shoes, NO I CAN'T. Can I just go buy cute work out clothes. No I'm in the big shop Catherines looking for grandma wear and the Big and Tall mens shop looking for sweats. Come on something has to give. I'm still motivated. I'm not going to let this stop me from doing what I need to do but it is most certainly discouraging.

Normal, average....psssshhh :cry :think :straight :rolleyes::tired :phanvan :huytsao

Teresita,

I haven't posted in a while and was just catching up with whats been happening, but when I read your post I HAD to reply!!

Your doing SOOOO well, this is just a hiccup!! think of the time when you wouldn't have even thought of wanting running shoes and see how far you have come.....one day those pink running shoes will run towards you with a nice pink running suit to match!!! and at the end of the day 'girlie' who wants to be girlie??? hmmmm we do!!!! and we will ALL be able to have those sexy girlie clothes that we so admire.....we just got to keep going.....GO GIRL GO!!

I am serious about my exercise right now and want to make the investment into good walking shoes. I found some less then $100 which I think is good. I found out I need a freaking size 14 ww. They are kinda ugly but feel good. I can't even get a pair of shoes that look decent. I just feel like the freaking 459 6'1" monster again. I just don't feel normal. I can't buy normal anything. What the hell is a size 32. Girls don't wear 14, oh yeah of course they are mens shoes. Can I simply get a pair of pink running shoes, NO I CAN'T. Can I just go buy cute work out clothes. No I'm in the big shop Catherines looking for grandma wear and the Big and Tall mens shop looking for sweats. Come on something has to give. I'm still motivated. I'm not going to let this stop me from doing what I need to do but it is most certainly discouraging.

You know I've been there. Actually before surgery I quit going to the gym because I felt so singled out when I was there. And hello?! What genius covers the wall in front of the treadmills with mirrors?

If you haven't yet, look into Asics. Asiics. Assics. Whatever. They make the MOST comfortable walking/running shoes, and I get mine at Shoe Carnival for under $100, and they usually have them in sz 14. I wear the men's intentionally, because they're just wide enough that there's no breaking in to do. I have to break in the women's.

Have you tried www.junonia.com for workout clothes? I bought some of mine there. I haven't been there lately but they used to have a lot of workout clothes, even aqua suits for Water aerobics and stuff. They aren't cheap, but their stuff holds up well & is generally worth it.

"Can I just go buy cute work out clothes. No I'm in the big shop Catherines looking for grandma wear and the Big and Tall mens shop looking for sweats. Come on something has to give."

TERESITA GIRL!

I AM HERE. I ALSO HEAR YA! SHOOT, WE CAN GO TO CATHERINE'S TOGETHER (I GOT A COUPON IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY!:heh: ) SOMEDAY WE WILL GO TO TARGET TOGETHER FOR WORKOUT CLOTHES!! AT LEAST WE ARE WORKING OUT! :clap2: I KNOW FOR ME ITS A FIRST. CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS LAST NIGHT:clap2: :biggrin1: I GO TODAY AT 3PM AND WEIGH IN SO WISH ME LUCK. I KNOW I HAVE LOST INCHES, PLEASE LET THERE BE POUNDS TOO:rolleyes: . I CAN'T EVEN FIT ON A NORMAL scale REMEMBER? WHAT KINDA CRAP IS THAT:eek: ! WHEN I GO TO THE REGULAR FAMILY MD I JUST REFUSE TO GET ON IT! STUPID BITCHY SKINNY NURSE CAN'T TELL I'M OVER 350 I GUESS:mad: . WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO....JUST STAND THERE HUMILIATED WHEN THE THING WONT MOVE AND ITS ALL THE WAY OVER!!:think . NOW I'M VENTING:help: . SORRY, I HAVE PMS AND IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH!!:P I THINK I COULD START AN "I HATE SKINNY CLUELESS PEOPLE THREAD" LOL:speechles

WELL, IF ANYONE MESSES W/YOU... JUST SEND THEM MY WAY BABY! HANG IN THERE TERESITA; NEVER GIVE UP!!:scared:

TURNER24

389/377 POST-OP/383 1ST FILL/384 2CND FILL/ ??? TODAY?????