Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Vs C-Section

I am in the process of being banded hopefully in the next 6 months and work as a teacher. I have had two c-sections in the past and both time was up and moving as soon as possible, walked, felt good, etc. after a few days. Has anyone had both LBS and a C-section and can compare? Just curious.

2csections but 21 yrs ago was just banded c section worse

I've had 3 c-sections, much longer recovery with them. The lap band is easy, just a couple days of anesthesia fog then onto feeling good. The hardest part for me was not having food for a few weeks after, just didn't feel like I could get my strength back. I was feeling good after about 5 days. Good luck, you'll do great!

c section definitely worse. my last one was (just) 6 yrs ago but I still remember it well. The soreness in my abdomen after band was nothing compared to the c-section and certainly didn't last as long. I'm back to exercising and haven't been banded a full month yet. The gas pain was pretty bad from the lap band but didn't last beyond the second or third day for me. I'd do it again. C section? Dreading it if I ever have another child ;). Best of luck to you!

I had a c section 2.5 years ago and the band 1.5 years ago. In my experience, I would say my C section was the lesser one, but just simply because of the situation. WHen I came home from my C section, I got to rest because my husband was home to help with the baby, then my mother. With my band, I had a 1 year old to look after and my husband was on deployment. I had a friends help, but that wasnt constant. Once I was able to get my first totally uninterrupted day of rest post band, I was great. It wasn't to bad either way. I think that if you managed okay from your C section, you should be okay from post op band.

I had c-section 20 years ago & 15 years ago, had gall bladder removed & had breast reduction. Just got lap band July 5th & I think the band was the easiest of all. I felt almost back to normal at 2 weeks post op! Good Luck!

I've had both and recovered quickly after both types of op. I also had a hysterectomy last year and was up and about really quickly after that too so maybe I am just lucky and recover quickly.

I had a csection almost 2 years ago and the lap band was much much much easier lol

Whew...thanks everyone, that is what I was hoping to hear. I am going to try and time it so that it happens while on my Holiday break from school so I have two full weeks (Merry Christmas to me!) but I kwow that might not be in my control. I am still on month 5 of my dietary apointments, I won't meet with the surgeon officially unil the end of Sept!

2 c-sections:)

The band was a freaken walk in the park compared to the csect. only experienced pains from the gas in my shoulders and back after LBS. :)

I agree with the rest. band surgery was much easier. I had 2 c/s before band and 1 c/s after band.

I've had 7 surgeries in the past 7 years plus two cesareans 30 plus years ago The lap band was south easier than anything else I have had done

Meant so much easier not south!! Darn spell check

I had a planned c-section and besides a little discomfort I don't remember anything bad about it. I didn't even take the strong pain medicine because I wanted to have a sound mind with my baby. If the lap band is easier than my c-section then I'll have no problems at all! Although I did get a beautiful baby girl to concentrate on after surgery and 7 years of no success, I may have just been deliriously happy :D