Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still Full After 6 Hours!

I ate at 1pm and at 7 i felt I should eat something even though I wasn't hungry...now i feel sick! Anyone else with this problem??? I didn't want to not eat and be woken up but starving stomach in the middle of the night!! What do you guys do??

you have to make sure you get in your daily calories....my wife has this same problem with the band..skipping lunch or dinner. sometimes you just have to make sure you get your calories. You'll get past this. i believe in ya!

I have the same problem! I dont eat much during the day, good choices and all.. then at night, trouble! I am not hungry, but I sometimes force myself to eat b/c I dont want to wake up in the middle of the night hungry or eat dinner at 8pm!

What to do?

i know some swear by 3 meals a day only. i do eat my 3 meals but also eat my healthy Snacks (so i am not hungry) you must eat so you wont be hungry. in the morning for example i am not hungry but i drink my shakes and have a little scoop of oatmeal because if i dont, by lunch time i will be ravenous.

you must feed your body. Protein is the fuel you need.

ps- if you let yourself get too hungry, you may over eat (and choose bad foods to satisfy you).

pps-never go over 1 cup of food total at any meal.

Here is my opinion ... I never eat if I am not hungry ever , To me that is just ridiculous.. Isn't that why we got banded?? I am never hungry in the AM so I have Protein around 11:00 the arouund 2 to 3 I eat my cup of whatever and 6to 7 my other cup if I can't get a cup down I save it and pick at it. People who are naturally thin eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full. They just don't eat because it's time and if they aren't hungry they do not eat.

I use to eat because the clock said it was time to eat no more my body tells me when I am hungry . I just don't get up to eat in the middle of the night I would rather sleep..... Just saying .... no one ever wasted away for not eating over night somedays you are hungry somedays you are not. it evens out..I understand this a new way of thinking for us former fatties.

I eat about 5x a day....my normal routine is:

Bfast: coffee then two pieces of whole grain toast w/light butter

1030ish: some sort of 100 cal snack

1230: usually a small salad or a lean cuisine

3ish: another sort of 100cal or less snack, sometimes pudding

5-6ish: dinner, I'm a vegetarian so I usually have a piece of fish with veggies or some sort of dish like boca or morning star products.

I try real hard not to eat after 8.

This set up seems to speed up my metabolism and keep me satisfied all day. If I go too far in between I too get nauseous. Plus I drink tonnnssss of Water.

Here is my opinion ... I never eat if I am not hungry ever , To me that is just ridiculous.. Isn't that why we got banded?? I am never hungry in the AM so I have Protein around 11:00 the arouund 2 to 3 I eat my cup of whatever and 6to 7 my other cup if I can't get a cup down I save it and pick at it. People who are naturally thin eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full. They just don't eat because it's time and if they aren't hungry they do not eat.

I use to eat because the clock said it was time to eat no more my body tells me when I am hungry . I just don't get up to eat in the middle of the night I would rather sleep..... Just saying .... no one ever wasted away for not eating over night somedays you are hungry somedays you are not. it evens out..I understand this a new way of thinking for us former fatties.

Funny - most of the naturally skinny people know eat alllll the time. More than me! They can eat whatever, whenever, and not gain weight. They don't have to worry about eating or not eating like us.

Everyone uses the band differently, but from my experience, i've learned that the band is not intended to make you "stop" eating... yes, it should decrease your hunger and not make you eat as much, but really, it's supposed to just be a tool to get the eating under control to a normal level. Remember before you had your band...you probably could eat twice as much as the person next to you and still feel hungry or unsatisfied. The band shouldn't be used as something that makes you go all day without eating. It should help you get into healthy eating habits, like eating small meals more times a day.

Again, everyone's different and how they use it, but i don't beileve it's used to prevent eating when you naturally should eat. At least 3 times a day. I choose 5 times because it works for me.