Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a little worried about ntt being able to hold my children. I got three small ones is they anything I should do now to prepare for things after. Should I send then to grandmas for a few days when I have surgery?

I am a little worried about ntt being able to hold my children. I got three small ones is they anything I should do now to prepare for things after. Should I send then to grandmas for a few days when I have surgery?

YES!!! At least 3 days... You will be healing and it may scare them.

And funny story, my first day seeing my 4yo daughter after surgery, she runs up to me yelling "Mommy" and stops short before hugging me, then get this funny look on her face, and decides on a new plan... At the top of her lungs sh screams, "YOU'RE IT!!" and slams my belly with both hands, then takes off running. Yikes!!!

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a 6 year old that I will need to get to and from school and generally tend to. She is actually tge reason I'm getting this done. I'm tired of being out of breath just from reading stories aloud.

I've got a 6 and 8 yr old. Mostly it wasn't an issue for me because my other half was around. But you are sore and exhausted and shouldn't be driving or lifting anything including babies. It'd hard for little ones I think. Mine were a bit grossed out by all the wounds on my belly but at least they understood that they couldn't climb all over me. If you can get someone to take over for the first few days at least, you'll probably just want to rest in bed.

Be nice to yourself and send them to grandmas for a few days if that is an option , You need to get use to this new life and you will be a little sore. . If you can't send them to grandma just tell them mommy has a sore tummy and we have to be careful we don"t hurt it.

I guess it depends how old your kiddos are. Mine is 3 and he is a real snuggler (which I love). All I had to do was to show him my belly with all the "bandaids" and he would come up and pat my belly and say "Mommy tummy hurt?" I wasn't able to pick him up and carry him for about 6 weeks--which was a very long time--so I felt that the least I could do was to hold him while I was sitting in the chair/couch.

Good luck to you!!!

Mine were good. 4,8, and 10 years. They were afraid to hug me at first cause Daddy told they needed to be careful. My daughter snuggled me in bed and read me stories and they drew pictures. I had my husband home and they had school during day so not too bad. My 22lb cat was a different story. He kept climbing on my tummy and wanting love. He was trying to make me feel better. Hard to prep the family cat for such things. Kids were good, as long as they knew before hand. The day of surgery I stopped by school and my daughter told get 2nd grade class I was going to hospital to have surgery on my belly, so I could play tag with her more and not get tired.

I have a 5-year-old daughter who has been very sweet. She knows I'm going to go have surgery next week (NEXT WEEK!!) and has asked lots of questions. She also has two teenager brothers that are going to be home (14 &18) so they'll be a huge help with her.

Unfortunately, my husband is only able to take off the day of and day after my surgery. He's wrapping up a job and preparing to start at a new company two weeks after I have surgery! Busy, busy!

Can you hire a nanny or mother's helper to help you for a few days after the surgery? Or get a family member to move in? Or husband take a few days off from work. That's what I did (hired a live-in nanny for 10 days) and it was such a relief. It's not just holding them, but being down to pick up toys, etc. Bending over to bathe them. Putting them in their cribs.

Getting a band is a surgery and as such you should treat your body delicately and give yourself a break and time to recover and heal.

Depends on how little your kids are. Mine were 1 & 3 at the time of my surgery. I showed them the bandages and said "mama has a bad boo-boo so we have to be very careful not to bump it." And they were very careful. IMO, it's not that different from protecting a pregnant belly from a rambunctious toddler.

Having said all this, it depends on you, but I had no trouble holding/hugging my kids just a few days after surgery.... but I was also very tired and sore and it was nice to not have to worry about anything..... I could just go into my bed and rest or watch Oprah and I knew everything we being done without me.

Mine were 4 years old and 1 year old when I was banned. I didn't send them away. I showed my 4 year old my belly and told her that mommy was tender and couldn't lift, bend or move quickly. I told her that I'm ok and that I'll be back to normal soon.

My husband was a huge support and I did heal quickly.

Mine will be 8 months when I'm

banded and shes such a mommys girl! it's going to be hard not to hold her for a few days