Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After 1 Month Of Liquids...today I Had Food!!!!! :)

So after 2 weeks of pre-op liquids and 2 weeks of post-op liquids.... I finally started my soft foods today! I had some egg beaters, mashed Beans, cottage cheese and my favorite salmon!!!! (not all at the same time!! LOL)

Just wanted to share! I was soooooooo happy and excited! Those weeks on liquids seemed like forever and were probably the hardest thing I've ever done! But I learned soooo much about how I view food and how addicted I am. I was really able to detox and start my journey right!

Oh, I'm so happy for you! Congrats. How are you feeling and how did the food go down? I've been reading a lot of negative comments on here today and I'm getting a bit worried. I'll get my band on July 27th. Today was my second day of pre op Liquid Protein diet. I havent felt hungry at all. In fact, quite full. I'm surprised about that?

What has your experience been like so far? Did you have any trouble after surgery?

I'm very curious as you can see.

Congratulations. I'm startting my liquid diet only 10 days from my surgery date of Aug 6. I feel this will enable me to handle the post op liquids only much easier. The doctor did not give me any restrictions prior to 24 hours and then liquid only. I have already lost 21 pounds on liquid Protein, Breakfast and lunch, dinner salad with broiled chicken breast. Ive been practicing chewing the chicken 20-25 times before I swallow that I will have to do after post-op surgery.

Continued best wishes on your recovery.

So after 2 weeks of pre-op liquids and 2 weeks of post-op liquids.... I finally started my soft foods today! I had some egg beaters, mashed Beans, cottage cheese and my favorite salmon!!!! (not all at the same time!! LOL)

Just wanted to share! I was soooooooo happy and excited! Those weeks on liquids seemed like forever and were probably the hardest thing I've ever done! But I learned soooo much about how I view food and how addicted I am. I was really able to detox and start my journey right!

with that positive attitude, you cant fail :)

congrats and all the best

Yay! Oh it must have been wonderful, lol! Congratulations, glad to hear you're doing great.

So glad to hear you used your time on liquids to find clues to what you use food for. Lap Band is something you do for you. You can meet yourself many of us for the first time on this journey. I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE... you will hear it over and over again the band is a tool YOU work it. Some of us older banders who have had success can tell pretty quick in the band who will make it and who won't just by their post... Best of Luck to you

Oh' date=' I'm so happy for you! Congrats. How are you feeling and how did the food go down? I've been reading a lot of negative comments on here today and I'm getting a bit worried. I'll get my band on July 27th. Today was my second day of pre op liquid Protein diet. I havent felt hungry at all. In fact, quite full. I'm surprised about that?

What has your experience been like so far? Did you have any trouble after surgery?

I'm very curious as you can see.[/quote']

Well for me Pre-op liquid diet...first couple days was ok. Day 4 was the worst...I was crying and just feeling horrible. Mostly emotionally. It did get easier, little by little. But I did go thru moments where I thought I'd have an anxiety attack if I didnt have the food I craved! Clearly, I survived without that food! So if u ever feel like that, know u will make it thru and a few hours later, that food won't matter anymore. Try to keep busy and away from trigger foods. Also, Try not to think about how long u have left. Lol it DOES go by fast!

As for after surgery. U won't really want food anyway for the first week. It was hard to even get enough liquids. My dr had me start by drinking 1 once of liquid every 15 min. Worked great!

After the 2 weeks of liquids, I have been allowed soft foods, like scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, soft cheeses, tuna, salmon, etc. I had absolutely no problems with it! I did eat less than I normally did and just ate a little and kinda tried to keep tabs on how my band area felt to see when I felt full. I ate small portions and felt satisfied. Last night, I ate probably 2/3 of the salmon and a little zucchini, and it was probably more than I will be able to eat after my fills. Since theres no restriction right now, I guess I can eat more, but I think because I'm eating super slow and small little bites, I realize when I'm full. So yea...I think if u keep to the schedule and wait and eat slow, u won't have problems. :) good luck! Message me if u want!

Congratulations. I'm startting my liquid diet only 10 days from my surgery date of Aug 6. I feel this will enable me to handle the post op liquids only much easier. The doctor did not give me any restrictions prior to 24 hours and then liquid only. I have already lost 21 pounds on liquid protein' date=' Breakfast and lunch, dinner salad with broiled chicken breast. Ive been practicing chewing the chicken 20-25 times before I swallow that I will have to do after post-op surgery.

Continued best wishes on your recovery.[/quote']

Thanks!! Yea doing liquids before I think will really help! What I've been noticing...those that do te few weeks of liquids before surgery don't seem to go thru such a hard time after surgery during liquids.

Good luck to you!!

with that positive attitude' date=' you cant fail :)

congrats and all the best[/quote']

Thanks!! :) trying!!

Yay! Oh it must have been wonderful' date=' lol! Congratulations, glad to hear you're doing great.[/quote']

Oh it was!!! I planned for it all week!! Hahaha! It was such a treat! Made me appreciate being able to eat at least a little bit!!

So glad to hear you used your time on liquids to find clues to what you use food for. Lap Band is something you do for you. You can meet yourself many of us for the first time on this journey. I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE... you will hear it over and over again the band is a tool YOU work it. Some of us older banders who have had success can tell pretty quick in the band who will make it and who won't just by their post... Best of Luck to you

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! It really meant a lot and I will take it to heart!

Congrats!! :) I move on to mushies tomorrow and I am so excited. Haha.

Awesome Slyvia. Glad you are on to soft foods. It was easier to just have a Protein Shake, no planning etc., but progressing to food is great. I was hungry on liquids, now I get the full feeling

Congrats!! :) I move on to mushies tomorrow and I am so excited. Haha.

thanks! how's your mushy day going??

Awesome Slyvia. Glad you are on to soft foods. It was easier to just have a Protein shake, no planning etc., but progressing to food is great. I was hungry on liquids, now I get the full feeling

yes! i finally feel full!!