Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch To 5K?

Yes, I started it 2 weeks post op. It's a program to get you running a half hour straight, or a 5 K depending on how fast you run, without stopping. It starts with running intervals as short as one minute at a time, with walking in between. Every week the running intervals get longer and the walking intervals get shorter until eventually you're just running. I loved it, it got me started running and I ran a half marathon last month. Google it and check it out :)

Haven't tried it yet but i downloaded the app to my Blackberry and I'm going to start Monday :)

I started it today. I did okay with it. It wasn't the fastest jog but atleast I did jog! LOL I did enjoy it though!!

Thanks yall! I'm really excited to try it now.. I'm definitely going to have to start off slow though. Haha :)

I love it. I tried it 2 weeks post op and it was tough on me. I have been just working on endurance and doing week one for a couple of weeks. Today I tackled week two and it almost seemed to easy. I guess I could have been pushing some more, but I have been traveling for work a lot recently and was scared to move on while our of town (didn't want to fall out by myself, LOL).

I am super pumped do it again tomorrow...and have finally decided that I can start looking for at 5k runs. Time for some goals :-)

It's the program I used to start running.....downloaded it on my I-Pod so I can listen to my favorite music.

It is a 9 week proggram, which took me 12 weeks (at least) to complete.

Whenever I hit a wall and could not complete a given week, I would go back and repeat the previous week then move back into the week that gave me a problem.

I now run 5K every morning. I have no desire to move up, just to keep getting better at this level.

Many people jump right into the 25K program...I do not advise that for starters. Also, I did not start the 5K program form the geginning. I was getting my cardio (and breathig technique) on the elliptical for years and after the weight came off, I was ready to take it to the next level.

Everday after I run, I immediatley get back on the elliptical to extend my workout without lowering my BPM.

Thank you for the advice. I started a few days ago and have started a little slower than what the program calls for. My goal for my workouts definitely isn't to run a marathon, right now its to walk a large flight of stairs without gasping for air. It feels really good to get my heart rate going. When I'm near the end of my workout out, I slow it down and don't just stop. It's very rewarding!

I love it. I tried it 2 weeks post op and it was tough on me. I have been just working on endurance and doing week one for a couple of weeks. Today I tackled week two and it almost seemed to easy. I guess I could have been pushing some more' date=' but I have been traveling for work a lot recently and was scared to move on while our of town (didn't want to fall out by myself, LOL).

I am super pumped do it again tomorrow...and have finally decided that I can start looking for at 5k runs. Time for some goals :-)[/quote']

I started a few days ago and I have a feeling I'll be on week one for a couple of weeks but that is perfectly fine with me. I'm just excited not to be sitting on the couch! Good luck with your 5k! You will have to keep me updated. Seeing everyone's success keeps me motivated!

I started the program back in January and stayed on week one for several weeks. I finally made the jump to week 2 and injured my knee. I gave it a rest and jumped back to week 1 and injured it again. I decided at that time to stick to core strengthening and walking until my body could handle the impact. Be careful and go at your body's pace.

I started the program back in January and stayed on week one for several weeks. I finally made the jump to week 2 and injured my knee. I gave it a rest and jumped back to week 1 and injured it again. I decided at that time to stick to core strengthening and walking until my body could handle the impact. Be careful and go at your body's pace.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! Yeah I definitely would love to be wonderful at it right off the bat but I know there's no way that's happening. I'm taking it slow and realizing it won't be an overnight thing even thigh I would love it to be. What kind of workouts do you do for your core?

I did the whole program last summer and LOVED it! (then school started and I got lazy again).

I just started it back up this morning to help me get ready for a 5K I am doing in September :)

Oh I also had to quit last summer because I wasn't waiting a day in betwen my runs and I developed tendnitis (sp?) in my hips. THAT HURT!

I started it on the 13th. I did one day and that night my hip was killing me. I went back to just walking the next day. The last two days I have walked and jogged (shuffled more like it! :0). My hip still hurts a little but nothing like it did that first night. I am waiting until my hip feels better before I do the program again. :-)

Oh I also had to quit last summer because I wasn't waiting a day in betwen my runs and I developed tendnitis (sp?) in my hips. THAT HURT!

That's awesome, I'm hoping I'll love it too. I'm trying to take it really slowly. Good luck with your race in September!