Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sixth fill about 2 weeks ago. I feel as if he took some out. I can eat more and faster than I ate before I went in for an adjustment. I have little to no restriction depending on the time of day. I never had this happen before. I have an *** so I have to wait for my general doctor to put in another referral before I can go back to see him. I'm hoping to see him in the next couple of weeks. I feel as if I am dieting again...This is so frustrating!!

OH I bet you are frustrated. Hang in there....these things take time unfortunately. You are doing so great, down 53 lbs, so just keep on going. Use all your tools, eating slow, chewing thoroughly and stick to your calorie count. Good luck, dear!

Tell me about it! After 6 fills i have 9.5 cc in an 11 cc band. I still don't feel much restriction except for when i start eating too fast. It's even more frustrating when the 'bad foods' will go down no problem, and then an appropriate food will get stuck. Cake, Cookies, Cereal, granola bars, Pasta, pizza etc etc will go down but sometimes grilled chicken, and fruits will get stuck and vomited up. It's crazy!!

I think chewing thoroughly and taking small bites was one of the hardest things for me to do. I struggle with it daily. I have to pay close attention to what I am doing, and what I am feeling while I eat. Eating in a social setting??? I'd rather not.....lol I almost always get in trouble because I am talking, not focusing on eating like I'm supposed to. Chewing thoroughly was and still is a real problem I struggle with.

I think chewing thoroughly and taking small bites was one of the hardest things for me to do. I struggle with it daily. I have to pay close attention to what I am doing, and what I am feeling while I eat. Eating in a social setting??? I'd rather not.....lol I almost always get in trouble because I am talking, not focusing on eating like I'm supposed to. Chewing thoroughly was and still is a real problem I struggle with.

I know what you mean. I have a difficult time remembering when I am super hungry and as you mentioned when I'm out with friends. I can always tell if I'm going to have difficulty getting food down if I feel my liquid going down slowly. That's another reason I know I'm not as tight as I should be. I can actually drink my morning cup of coffee as soon as I get up . This has always been my sign after a fill - how long after I get up can I drink my coffee.< /p>

I know weight loss is a journey but I don't want to stay in one place too long

You're not kidding! I was at a sit down dinner a few weeks ago. I passed on the appetizer but i did eat Soup because i was hungry and knew it would not sit in the pouch so that i could have some of the main dish. I opted for the grilled chicken. After a few bites, i felt tight. Tried some Water (i know it was not a good idea). Then i started salivating and swallowing a lot....my classic sign that i need to vomit. I excused myself and went in search of the ladies room which, of course, was crowded! Frantically, (while swallowing loads of saliva) i ran out the door of the catering hall and thankfully found a small alleyway i could slip into. As i turned into it, it all just spurted out. Now that was a scary situation and i vowed never to eat any solid foods at a function. Last week we went to another dinner and it's exactly what i did. I ate all the mushy and soft foods (soup, mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries, veggie souffle, cake, sorbet) and didn't touch the grilled chicken or sauteed green Beans. Kind of counterintuitive for the band diet, isn't it? lol

Oh, need2lose2.......how awful is that? I had a similar experience except it was the first time anything like that had happened to me and I had no idea what was about to happen......so I just threw up in front of everyone sitting around me in the restaurant....on Mother's Day! It was awful......lol I went to see a movie last Saturday night and everyone in my party was eating popcorn and one of my friends asked me if I wanted some and I said "No thank you. I haven't tried popcorn yet and I'm sure not going to try it in public!" She laughed and agreed with me but said she felt bad sitting there snarfing it all down and I just said "It smells heavenly, but you would be surprised how much of a detterent public vomiting is." Then she really laughed.....put her arm around me and hugged me. I definitely go for the soft foods and just figure I will drink a Protein Shake when I get home or make up for it the next day.

To eat in public....that is the question.

I tend to go with the side of caution and stick with soft foods.

Seems like we're all in the same boat. Unfortunately, most of the soft foods that are being served are not diet friendly.......

No most soft foods are not diet friendly, but like I said, I try to make up for it the next day. I would rather do that, than get sick or feel bad in a social setting. I recently came back from a week long seminar and had to attend a fish fry (soooo not diet friendly), a sit down dinner (not bad, but not greatly diet friendly either) and I lost 3 lbs that week. I just made sure I compensated for the unfriendly food the next day and walked a little longer.

I feel the same i have had 6 fills!! 9.5 cc in a 11 cc band have not had any since that last fill about 12 weeks ago mabybe longer . i feel hungry latly and not very good restriction again . so i assume i may need a little boost. i can still eat a big salad and then 1 hr later i am hungry.

I am having the same issues, thanks god I am not alone. I am 7 out of 7 cc witch I doubt about it. The first day after the last filling in the morning food dose not go thru, in the lunch I started to eat a little bit and their after I am starting to eat more and more but normally. Some food do stuck like pure tuna, chicken and rice. I am not sure if what I feel is normal or I do have a kind of slow leakage or maybe I am not 7 out of 7 cc.