Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You don't say whether you are pre-op or post-op.if you are pre-op,it's not so bad, although you haven't done yourself any favours. It is more serious if you are more post-op as you may have damaged your band.

your Dr has set these dietary guidelines to give you the best possible outcomes. It's not easy but it's necessary.

time to re-focus and re-commit.

Ok So you cheated....And I bet you feel bad. You most likely will do it again. But try not to. For the pre op, they want you to do that for your liver will be lighter to lift up. Maybe if you can see on a photo where the liver is you will get an idea and realize how imp it is. The pre op is usually 2 weeks. I didnt lose enough so I had to push the surgery back another week. After these things are over it does not matter how many weeks of pre-op you went thru. What does matter is how much you really want the results of the lapband to work for you. The Lapband will not make you skinny. It is just tool. Like a hammer. With the hammer you are the one who holds it in your hand and attempts to hit the target.

With the band, and with enough fills, you have have restriction. Tht restriction is not going to stop you from eating cookes or candy or any of the other things that you should not eat. What it will do is stop you from packing the food in. With restriction, when you over eat, it will let you know. Any how. So many of us have lost quite a bit of weight. I have lost 90 lbs. I put my whole self into it, I didnt cheat and I still don't. Think of yourself in 1 year from now....thinner and healthier. What a change you will have. You can do it. I know you can.....We are all here for you and will cheer you on..Hugs. Ilene

Alright what's done is done now get back on that horse we all fall off sometimes its a learning experience try to focus more on why or what triggered it I.e. are you trying to cook normal meals for the family, holiday triggers, boredom, habit, then try to adjust or eliminate the why.....everyone has a weak moment if not we wouldn't need the help of the band in addition focus on how little you are making your liver which will make you have a shorter surgery time you are elimination any surgery issues before surgery I wish you luck and I know you can do this good luck to you

im pre-op surgery is july 17 and thank u all for the encouraging words im back on track today just wasnt real sure if I had messed up to where I couldnt have surgery,so if your liver isnt small enough they have to reschedule??

They did mine. I just didn't lose enough per him. Do not worry about that. We will always encourage you. We all were in step 1 @ one time and care for you also.

im pre-op surgery is july 17 and thank u all for the encouraging words im back on track today just wasnt real sure if I had messed up to where I couldnt have surgery,so if your liver isnt small enough they have to reschedule??

my dr told me if he operated and my liver was too large, he wouldnt operate.

so i followed my 2 weeks pre op as directed because i was afraid he wouldnt do it.

when i woke up, that was the first thing i asked him, how was my liver.

please follow your dr orders as they are there for a reason.

(before and esp after surgery)

am sure you are fine but remember these liquid diet days are for a short period of time.

you can do this.

sorry I guess I didnt really introduce myself im 35 I live in tx mother of 3 oldest 18 youngest 2, I have not been over weight my whole life was normal weight growing up and as teenager started gaining around age 18 with pregnancy lost the weight after the first one but have yo yoed ever since I can lose some never enough though and always end up gaining it back I have been on diet pills on and off several times always lose some but go right back even heavier,i get depressed and dont want to go or do anything at times,no energy to do things when I do feel like it I LOVE food and I like to cook not good combination im 5'1 and when I started this time around was about 235 im down to 209 now and due for surgery on the 17th I worry about being able to resist the foods I love after the surgery I dont want to fail at this but I know I dont only eat when im hungry I do it when im bored,stressed,for celebrating,ect and it seems like everything my family does is based on food lets go out to eat tonight,lets get together for dinner, have a cookout, order pizza food makes me happy and misrable at the same time! im also worried about being able to stay away from carbonated drinks forever is that true?lol thats my introduction

Believe me we all understand where your coming from. I definitelly LoVe food and eat for emotional reasons aswell. If we fall down, we just have to get back up and and start over. I'm on my 11th day of the diet and it is very hard. Everyday is a struggle, but I know we can get to where we want to be!!! Stay focused on the prize!!

sorry I guess I didnt really introduce myself im 35 I live in tx mother of 3 oldest 18 youngest 2' date=' I have not been over weight my whole life was normal weight growing up and as teenager started gaining around age 18 with pregnancy lost the weight after the first one but have yo yoed ever since I can lose some never enough though and always end up gaining it back I have been on diet pills on and off several times always lose some but go right back even heavier,i get depressed and dont want to go or do anything at times,no energy to do things when I do feel like it I LOVE food and I like to cook not good combination im 5'1 and when I started this time around was about 235 im down to 209 now and due for surgery on the 17th I worry about being able to resist the foods I love after the surgery I dont want to fail at this but I know I dont only eat when im hungry I do it when im bored,stressed,for celebrating,ect and it seems like everything my family does is based on food lets go out to eat tonight,lets get together for dinner, have a cookout, order pizza food makes me happy and misrable at the same time! im also worried about being able to stay away from carbonated drinks forever is that true?lol thats my introduction[/quote']

Bb don't worry just get back on track and you will be fine. I had to do the pre op Optifast diet for a month and I also ate some things I shouldn't have but I got back on track right away. I was much heavier than you when I started and still managed to loose over 20 pounds in that month. I was banded 2nd July so I am now six days post op. from the day I was banded till today I have lost all interest in food, I know that will change as the weeks fly by but this new tool will be my best friend as we both fight the scales to go down.

What is really important is that you follow your surgeons intructions post op, as you have probably worked out by these forums each surgeon is different. Just follow your set if instructions and you will be fine. Five weeks ago food consumed every minute of every day and I would just eat and eat till I felt sick but still kept on eating. I kept questioning if I had made the right choice having the lapband. Now that I have it I definitely know I made the right choice. In five weeks from the commencement of my pre op diet till this day I have dropped 15 kilos which is just a bit over 30 pounds and this time I know I will never put this weight back on. I feel like a totally different person with a totally different attitude towards food with this new tool.

So chin up and forget that you ate what you weren't meant to and keep working towards your goals and I wish you a smooth journey.

I have a question??? please help I was banded on the 17th this months this is my 5th day post op I am having chest pain that gets worse when I lay down is this gas or something serious?

I have a question??? please help I was banded on the 17th this months this is my 5th day post op I am having chest pain that gets worse when I lay down is this gas or something serious?

Bbmcg I had the same thing about a week after the op. felt like I had an elephant sitting on me and couldn't take deep breathes either but it's all gone now. It's probably swelling in the area but maybe to be on the safe side call your surgeon see what he says.

Although with any chest pain you should talk to your doctor. I also had that for a little over a week after I got banded. It is trapped gas also when I drank apparently I would swallow a lot of air then also. Hope this helps gas x and heating pads is what helped me. It will get better

u canstandin a warm shower to