Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tight Band During Traveling

Anyone experienced their band being tighter than usual when traveling abroad? I am from California and came to Mexico for a few days and second day here I felt it and have since. It barely get Water down without feeling a lot of pressure. Any food is an obstacle but I know I have to eat. It's taking me longer than usual to get down a very small amount of food.

I am hoping when I get back home I return to normal cause this chick no longer has medial insurance which means no doctors visits.

Would love to hear some feedback.

I think you are going to need Dr visits. you don't say how full you are but there will come a time when you need more or less fill . I find when I am stressed my band feels tighter . Eat small amounts and chew let us know how you do when you come back home since this is a new one.

Thanks I will do. This is the strangest thing. Maybe the weather. It's quite hot here.

I have read that both heat and feelings of stress will cause the band to feel tighter.

I am most aware of feeling my band tight when I am driving...which for me is stressful since being in a near fatal car accident last year.

Being away from familiar surroundings may also cause some stress...though the tightness you describe seems more than what stress or heat would cause.

I would definitely focus on staying properly hydrated, as dehydration is more common in hot environments, and that would create some emergency medical issues. Sip on Water or another SF/FF beverage constantly. If you can purchase or make your own Protein Shakes, that may help also.

If the tightness does not resolve when you return home, definitely let your surgeon know what is happening.

Hope you feel better...and can enjoy your trip!

I agree with Sojourner on keeping hydrated and the stress, I also will notice a difference when I get dehydrated or too hot. Try some hot tea also and see if that will loosen you up a bit! If you are a bit swollen inside and forcing yourself to eat it could be irritating you more and causing you to get a bit tighter.

Try the hot tea in the morning, then I would try it again before dinner, or even three times a day if your eating three times.

Is it possible you can try Soup or soft stuff for a day? Just a thought! Also if you can put some lemon in some Water might help you get ride of water retention as well.

Don't know if you flew or not but flying always tightens me up for a few days and then goes back to normal.

I live in Southern California and last month I took a turn-around trip to Arizona. I was fine on the way there, but on the return trip I could feel that my band was tighter.

Since I had previously had no restriction from my first two fills I was super excited! After about a week or so, the feeling faded. I had just assumed that it had something to do with the changes in altitude.

My band got super tight when I traveled by car from mississippi to chicago...still don't get it..but I just tried to stay hydrated.

I had a fill 1/4cc last Tuesday. Was fine going to Vegas but once I got there we were in hot sun and 110 degrees but by the pool a lot. Had a rough time with food. Mostly had Soup, yogurt, hummus and a few soft items from whole foods salad bar. These mysterious bands!!!! And our crazy bodies!

weight.png

Dito that. It has been 115 here in phoenix and I don't want to eat at all.... except maybe ice cream ( boo).

I have also been in the hosp twice this year due to dehydration. Water Water water

I have also started drinking special K protien powder in my water to help with both fluids and Proteins.

Yes I'm not even drinking as much Water lately. I'll try the special k in Water too:) thx

weight.png