Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I am looking into this procedure with Dr. Deol.

If anyone could give me input on how she and her staff are, it would be greatly appreciated.

I always say the more info you have the better off you are!

Thanks!

Baileym

Hi BaileyM!

Are you still going with Dr. Deol? I called CORI centers and they sent a packet for me to fill out. I sent it in and have not heard back from them. I've been in contact with their main office and they are very surprised that the surgeon's office has not contacted me yet. Sooo, I was looking into Dr. Deol myself. She has very good reviews and her website is very informative. However, it says you must have 6 mo of a Doctor supervised weight or excercise program to qualify. Have you found this to be true? Have you had your consult? I also read that you must see a Beaumont Internist (not just your own PCP) and the nutritionalist and pychologist appointments are set up by Dr. Deol's office. Have you gone thru this yet? Where abouts are you? I'm in the Grosse Pointe area.

Thanks and best of luck to you! This is such an exciting and scary time!

Debra

Hi Debra,

I have not heard of the things you are talking of.

My first appointment is March 17th, so I will be able to update you then.

I found that the cori center seemed a little more structured and have not heard of anyone n here going there.

Dr. Deol has a very good rep on this board so I decided it was best for me.

I live in plymouth.canton area.

Indeed this is very scary and exciting!

Will keep you posted!

Baileym

Hi Baileym!

I called Dr. Deol's office on Monday and talked to Rebecca. I was lucky enough to snag an unexpected opening for today (Wed). Rebecca faxed over 14 pages for me to fill out and bring with me. They are both really nice! I was very pleased w/ Dr. Deol. I don't have a date yet, of course, but I'll keep you posted. Maybe we'll be hospital buddies!

Take care!

Debra

Sounds like a plan! LoL

I was offered that same appointment, but my ins. needed at least 3 weeks to kick in.

Too funny!

What was the best thing you liked about Dr. Deol?

What was the worst?

I am so nervous, scared, excited, anxious, frustrated and eager all at the same time.

I think I could be the next Cybil! LoL

Please tell me everthing that went on at your first appointment.... Maybe I could lose a few of my emotions!

E-mail me @ michelleb@fdigroup.com

Thanks!

Baileym:D