Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ice Cream Is The Devil--Whats Your Kryptonite?

Ice cream is killing me! I'm still losing weight but it must be by the grace of God. What is your weakness? And how do you avoid it?

I don't keep ice cream at home but theres this stand on the 40 minute drive home that calls my name.....

It really depends on my mood, but I can't keep Peanut Butter Cups or cakes in the house because I will lose all will power and go to town on them. Even for my birthday in June, I threw out 3/4 of a birthday cake the day after because I'd had some on my birthday but knew if I kept it in the house I'd keep grazing on it. So, out it went!

Ice cream is killing me! I'm still losing weight but it must be by the grace of God. What is your weakness? And how do you avoid it?

I don't keep ice cream at home but theres this stand on the 40 minute drive home that calls my name.....

Love Ice Cream....have it a few times a week.

I'm glad you still eat it B-52! I don't plan on cutting it out completely but I do need to slow down on it. ;)

I'm glad you still eat it B-52! I don't plan on cutting it out completely but I do need to slow down on it. ;)

I don't advocate it for people starting out or still dieting.....

I am at he point, where the band is "Simply There" and I now live, and eat, and do everything else, the same way thin people do. And thin people eat ice cream!

Some people may not understand that, but you will.

It is the "New Normal" which in fact is not new at all. just to us!

Ice cream is my nemesis. Right now I do eat it a little, but really have to have Portion Control. Sometimes that's easier said than done. Luckily it's out in the fridge in the garage, and it's somewhat of an obstacle course to get to it, LOL.

We keep the fudgecicles in the freezer it is 40 calories per pop. That helps if your having a chocolate ice cream craving or something cold. We also sometimes pick up "The Skinny Cow" ice cream sandwiches and they have alot of other products on the market too such as drumsticks/ice cream bars etc. They are good, my husband who is not banded LOVES them and doesn't think they taste lower calorie at all. Check those out it might help out alot!

I couldn't care less about ice cream but juice is killing me! I really try not to have any, but I just love it so much!!! Only once in a while!!

SUGAR is my downfall and is what got me overweight in the first place. Someday in moderation I hope to have my beloved chocolate milk again and maybe a Reeses Peanut Butter cup!!!!!!!!!!

Reeces and ice cream that invovles Peanut Butter cups! Thankfully my dr. told me to try PB2 with chocolate. I am going to order it this weekend. B) I thought my biggest issue was going to be Dr. Pepper. However, I no longer miss it.

They now make Frozen Greek Yogurt. I keep a half gallon of the blackberry in the house and allow myself a spoonful every day. It's lower calorie than ice cream - but still not low calorie - but it does have a fair amount of Protein. Plus, it's super yummy!

I can polish off a pint of Ice cream since I have no restriction and Ive done it twice so far about 2 weeks ago. And I honestly dont ever want to have it again. for me it truly is about being out of sight, out of mind.

I have more issues with portion than types of food. I was good for about 4 weeks after surgery, realized I had no restriction and wouldnt have it for another 8 more weeks and went to town almost eating like I used to eat before. I do have some moments of getting stuck, but I so dearly dream of getting my first fill.

for me its chips i cant just eat a just one pk.thats why i dont think im going to b able to ever eat them again cause everytime i do i go overboard

chips, chips, Chips! They are my weakness. I wish I could getting away from them..

Ugh. Ice cream is my kryptonite. Seriously is. Totally responsible for most of my regain. I just have to eliminate it from my diet. I have to treat it like an alcoholic treats alcohol.

Evil evil stuff! I haven't had it in weeks. Not while I am back on track. Have to keep it away.