Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 Degree Temp Outside, Have Me In Such A Rut!

Sunday when i went to the gym, I had a whole plan for this week, that involved 3 more days at the gym, plus at least 2 hours total on the treadmill at home, for the whole week. I had plans to go to a friends and take our kids on a nature trail. They were calling for hot temps..but werent saying 100....so Monday and Tuesday, I stayed in all day...except a quick run to the grocery store.

Yesterday for the 4th, I tried to take son out to a kids fest nearby..lasted two hours and came home, sick as a dog.

today im still sitting in house. Tomorrow i have session with the trainer..and am sooo not wanting to go out to go...i need every bit of push to get my behind there.

to top this all off, my eating has been less than desirable. I have had a day where i only ate once, a day where i ate small portions but was all junk food...I just cant get myself out of this...grrrr.

sorry, just had to vent

Oh and im ashamed to admit...i only got on the treadmill 1 time, for 20 mins. feeling blah like this...is awful

I know how u feel Rebecca, I have not been doing as well as I know I should. If u need a buddy to vent to u can email me anytime at wyld_love@yahoo.com :)

thanks wyld....i guess i can look at the bright side tho...thursdays are my weigh in..and im still at 321...i havent gained...hate no loss..but no gain, i can handle!...my email is faln_angel1205@yahoo.com

Try not to focus on what you haven't done. Or how you might not meet your initial goals for the week. Look at the positive. You spent 20 minutes on the treadmill. You spent 2 hours outside in the heat with your kids. That is something. Probably more than you would have done in the past.

As for tomorrow. You are already defeating yourself by deciding you won't feel like going. Don't do that. Stop that right now. Instead get yourself psyched up to go. Think about how GOOD you will feel after your go. You will have accomplished another goal. You will have energy from the workout.

Get out of your head! ;) I know it is hot... and that sucks. I live in Arizona, so I deal with that for months. Push through it. You CAN do it!

I agree with adorkbl. It's self defeating to focus on what you DIDN'T do. Something is better than nothing. I am actually in the same boat since its literally been 95+ here for almost a week straight. I know I should be pushing it harder than I have been. I did go swimming instead of elliptical yesterday which felt SO GOOD! Is there any way you could take your kids swimming? How about mall walking in the air conditioning? Don't give up!