Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That was why I asked the question I did in my response.

I knew that a few years back there was a big controversy over one of the Lap Band Drs and I couldn't find it for the benefit of the OP. I thought it might be Kuri but I wasn't sure. I then googled and found the report regarding the death but couldn't find anything else.

I also heard that a lot of the negative threads were removed as certain Drs were paying a lot of money for advertising etc. I do not know if this is true.

That is why it is important to research your potential Dr thoroughly before making a decision.

I try to pm and for some reason I can't it won't go through Idk if its my phone? But I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me..this has REALLY helped me in my decision making;)

Also, the hospital pays for the hotel room and for as much broth and bottled Water as you want. The broth is DELICIOUS. And the guy that chauffeurs between the hospital and the hotel is suuuuper sweet.

There's a Walmart and a shopping mall down the street from the hotel, so the day after surgery, my boyfriend and I walked down there to do some shopping. It's a little bit of a walk, but it helped with the gas pain A LOT. The GNC in the mall has Isopure which is clear Protein (allowed immediately after surgery) and helps with the hunger pains.

And I totally agree, scorpiolady. Ortiz is a studmuffin. Apparently I told him that I was in love with his face when they were wheeling me out of surgery. My boyfriend was cracking up and told me I even flirt when I'm incoherent. Haha

LOL

I just had to google him to see what he looks like. Not too bad if you like older, distinguished looking men.

Hubba hubba. I've always been more attracted to older men. Lol. I'm sure my shrink would say I have daddy issues, but man is he attractive. His personality makes it even better. Haahahah. He was talking to me when I was waking up from a nap after surgery and I remember thinking "Yeah, I could wake up hearing this every day.." Lololol

I too rambled something embarressing, to him and another doc, I think I told them how beautiful they were...and well, its so true!! I have to say the most friendly faces, and funny!!! Loved them, I told him he has to have a reunion because I wanted to come back and meet others!! I still think he should organize one, that would be so fun!!

P.S yes the Soup is very good. It was sad though we sat down in the restaurant and when he found out we were DR.Ortiz patients, he came and took our menu, forks,knives, and all cutlery away..It was just sad..lol..

I truly am so happy.. :)

p.s he is in his 40s.

He looks a lot older

Thanks so much;) now I'm really excited to get this all done and be healthy!

good luck to you, I really think you have made the right choice...Very good hands, very proffesional!!!

Thank you..now I'm hoping to get a date soon ;) ill keep you posted..

I'm glad that you're deciding to go with Dr. Ortiz. I live in Bakersfield and saw you don't live very far, so I felt like I should share my experience. I just got banded on the 13th this month and had an excellent experience with Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez. What convinced me to go to Mexico, in addition to my own research, was chatting with a nurse at a dermatologist's office who had been banded at OCC. I drove down the day before and stayed two nights at the Marriott Tijuana and returned home the day after surgery. People from Florida and New York were also there on the same surgery day.

I wish you luck in your journey and I feel you've made a great choice.

Thank you so much for your input I really appreciate it if you don't mind me asking how much was the procedure and what was the process like for you as in getting a date, getting test done, etc

Hope you're doing great! And good luck to you too during this journey;) hope to kit

For me, I called Dr.Ortiz office, in Febuary and was booked in March 9th I was given just a bit over 2 weeks to lose 12 pds. The cost was under $5000.00 and that included a night stay. In canada it would have been 16000 and in the US probably more! No regrets!!