Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name One Good And Bad Surprize After Being Banded!

Ok i think this should be a fun thread. I wish i knew had to pin it, so if anyone does feel free.

What are one good and bad surprize you discovered after being banded and losing weight.

GOOD..... WENT DOWN A WHOLE SHOE SIZE.

BAD....BOOBIES ARE DEFLATING!!!!BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm interesting in what others have to say.

GOOD - I got in my car a couple days ago and thought the seat had been moved because my belly was not rubbing.

BAD - I feel like I am lying to everyone at work when they ask me how I have lost weight.

No one at work knows about my band, so I tell them I am eating low carb, low fat and high Protein (all true).

Good Surprise: I am not as tired or exhausted as I used to be 37 pounds heavier.

Bad: I have a lot more gas pain than I used to have.

good: after losing 36 pounds, my skirts seem to be getting looser

bad: i make sure i know where every bathroom is JUST IN CASE

grandma3..dont feel bad. you are not really lying. some people are so judgemental. i feel like this is what works for us and we shouldnt be ashamed of how we choose to tackle getting healthy. i heard someone the other day say how proud she was of her mom for loosing weight the "natural way", how she didnt have surgery. hmmmm i dont recall reading anywhere that there is only one way to loose weight. i'm proud of my decision to do this and as all bandsters know this isnt the easy way out. hold your head up and be proud of your choice to take control of your life!!

blessings!

i heard someone the other day say how proud she was of her mom for loosing weight the "natural way", how she didnt have surgery.

Let's see who keeps their weight off the longest, her "natural way" mom, or banded you!!! My money's on you!!

Oh yeah, the good and the bad:

Good: Shopping in my closet and finding lots of "new" things to wear!

Bad: Having to know where the bathroom is every time I eat out -- just in case!

Good.. losing all this weight and feeling 10 years younger..

Bad.... looking 10 yrs older due the wrinkles in my face showing up ..

Good.. losing all this weight and feeling 10 years younger..

Bad.... looking 10 yrs older due the wrinkles in my face showing up ..

I can sooooo relate!

Good- Having more energy- better overall feeling

Bad- Burping air

I just had my first fill and am burping air A LOT after I eat and drink

Good- I feel so light and thin even though I still have 100lbs to go. I fell great.

Bad- Didn't realize eating would be so painful. Everyone keeps saying don't complain, you wanted this.

Good (having so much more energy with 68 lbs gone and loving myself again!)

Bad (there are times I wish I could just eat all I wanted or what I wanted for a hamberger and fries) but it was the hamberger and fries that helped me get fat but there are times I miss just being able to eat

@ dacoop....i soo feel you ont the bad! sometimes i just wanna eat! but i know that's what got me in the state i was in, but a girl can wish! lol

Good- I feel so light and thin even though I still have 100lbs to go. I fell great.

Bad- Didn't realize eating would be so painful. Everyone keeps saying don't complain, you wanted this.

Eating should not be painful. At least not all the time. Getting stuck once in a while maybe, but if happening often, go see your surgeon.

Good - being able to run much faster now that I'm a 100 pounds lighter and fitting into much smaller/ cuter clothes

Bad- I had no idea the mental part would be the hardest. I'm more self conscious and have no concept of my body size. People tell me I'm "small" and it frustrates me because I'm not able to see it.