Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new to this web site but have plenty of ?...

hello out there,

I'm very new to this and have some questions about different things like; what happens when you get sick of eating the same things, what are things that I can eat that would be good for me to eat, Protein Shake like were do I start for that one. I'll stop right there so I don't over load myself lol. I will be doing for the surgery the 27th of this month(15 days to go yes). If there is anyone out there that would like to start chatting with me please feel free to e-mail me anytime....B/c I still have alot to chat about with you people that has had it done before....thanks for your time and I'll talk to ya'll later.

crystal

Hi Crystal,

And Welcome to LBT !!!

15 days to go... well girl, keep reading and do some searches on the questions you have. There's a world of information here along with some caring loving advice.

What do you mean when you get sick of the same foods? are you talking when your on liquids or mushies? During those phases you need to stick with what the doctor tells you to eat, but after that when your on regular food, you eat what ever you like as long as you can tollerate it. So if you don't want a taco salad one day, have a cesars salad, or a turkey sandwich. You don't need to eat the same boring stuff, you'll pretty much be eating just like you are now once your doctor gives you the okay.

Protein shakes, I drank Isopure while I was on Clear Liquids after surgery, after that I didn't have any Protein Shakes. What does your doc say about that?

Tell us what kind of diet your supposed to be on after surgery. For instance, I was on 2 weeks Clear Liquids, followed by 1 week of thicker liquids, then 1 week of mushies and then regular food.< /p>

Hugs and good luck !!

I have been doing alot of looking on this web site and it's very :hat: to me lol. It said that I'm not a member and it didn't show my target goal that I thought that I had posted???? What happened to it? But anyways I'm very sorry that it has taken this long for me to get back to you. So I have been doing alot of reading on here and I'm seeing lots of people that still eat the same but just not as much so I'm thinking I was over reacting but I still like meal ideas.....Now with Protein shakes I still need to find a good one for me. Will I have to drink shakes for the rest of my life or is it just for the liquid diet? Oh yes one more thing this site is one of the best support systems I have seen with all the other people cheering you on stuff like that. Thanks so much for your time to e-mail me and giving me that at a girl love!!!!!!!! 11 days to go now:clap2: !!!!!!!

Hi Crystal,

And Welcome to LBT !!!

15 days to go... well girl, keep reading and do some searches on the questions you have. There's a world of information here along with some caring loving advice.

What do you mean when you get sick of the same foods? are you talking when your on liquids or mushies? During those phases you need to stick with what the doctor tells you to eat, but after that when your on regular food, you eat what ever you like as long as you can tollerate it. So if you don't want a taco salad one day, have a cesars salad, or a turkey sandwich. You don't need to eat the same boring stuff, you'll pretty much be eating just like you are now once your doctor gives you the okay.

Protein Shakes, I drank Isopure while I was on clear liquids after surgery, after that I didn't have any Protein shakes. What does your doc say about that?

Tell us what kind of diet your supposed to be on after surgery. For instance, I was on 2 weeks clear liquids, followed by 1 week of thicker liquids, then 1 week of mushies and then regular food.< /p>

Hugs and good luck !!

Hey Crystal. Stay plugged in...you'll get this board figured out, just keep clicking on all the different buttons, going different places, it comes together and you will be able to get the most out of this great support system!

I just drank Boost High Protien formula. It doesn't have as much as some of the more expensive Protien drinks, but they did the trick post-surgery. You really only need the Protien drinks for your post-op time so you can get good nutrition in past that healing band. Once you are healed you shoud do the opposite and avoid the liquid calories, and get your nutrition from good yummy healthy foods. I keep a stash of Boost in the cupboard in case I need to do a Meal Replacement for any reason: I PB'd and need to stay on liquids for a day, or I'm in a rush and don't have time to careflully eat, or I just got a fill and need to stick to liquids...that kind of thing. I also drink Egg Drop Soup during those times since it's full of protien and yummy and filling.

One more thing: your target goal. Upper left on the Blue Bar. Click User CP, click Edit Signature. If you type in your target goals there, click save changes, it will show up on all of your posts. Otherwise you have to retype it every time. :hat: Good luck!

what happens when you get sick of eating the same things

Short-term, when you're on restricted diet, you just plug away and get through it, or you can try adding some flavorings, etc. to make things seem like they taste different. My pre- & immediate post-op diets weren't great, but the time is over before you know it.

what are things that I can eat that would be good for me to eat, Protein shake like were do I start for that one.

Protein, protein, protein, veggie. My dietician & everyone else in my program recommends an 80/20 rule, 80 being protein and 20 being your veggies, fruits, etc. Always eat your protein first because if you're going to get full on something, it may as well be the good stuff that will help your body.

I use Ispoure "Dutch Chocolate". At first I was mixing it in Water and it sucked monkey butts. It got to where just smelling it would make me queasy. Now I blend it in FF Carb Countdown milk, and add a bit of reduced sugar/fat Peanut Butter, or SF hazelnut flavoring, SF Kahlua flavoring, a bit of peppermint extract, etc. Much much better. Since my old vice was Reese's anything, I'm particularly fond of the Peanut Butter option. :hat:

I had the same fears. My doc had me on clear liquids on day prior to surgery which was the worst day. Cause I was hungry and I knew I could eat all I wanted! lol! After surgery it was two days clear liquids, two days any liquids, three days of mushies. To be honest I had written down ideas prior to surgery for things I could eat. In reality, I didn't get burned out, wasn't even really hungry for the first several days anyway. In the mushies stage it was a breeze for me, I wasn't too crazy about the liquids. I have to admit that I couldn't get down the protine shakes but compared to many my liquids stage was very short. Good luck, and let me promise.....it's nowhere NEARLY as rough as I thought it would be!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Feel free to email me anytime. I know I STILL have tons of questions too!!

Hi Crystal, welcome to LBT! (boy that sounds weird!)

You will find some amazing threads here dealing with just about every subject that our weight or weight loss has impacted. Please take the time to get comfortable and familier with the search feature, it will be your new almost best friend here!:)

I think a lot of us go into the banding process not knowing exactly what we've gotten ourselves into. But even after we've researched the heck out of the band, we still don't know untill we actually experience it. Reading about someone's experinces about being stuck isn't quite the same as actually getting stuck the first time. :omg: