Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Today....

Had my first fill today and feel great. A little pain getting the fill( only from the needle... I HATE needles!)... I'm back on the liquid diet for 2 days and starving. Definitely getting enough protein( 85 grams so far today). Any one have any ideas on how to curb the hunger?

Very pleased to be down 28 lbs so far!

Had my first fill today and feel great. A little pain getting the fill( only from the needle... I HATE needles!)... I'm back on the liquid diet for 2 days and starving. Definitely getting enough protein( 85 grams so far today). Any one have any ideas on how to curb the hunger?

I, too, had my first fill today. Had about 3cc from surgery, and he added another 1.5cc. Feel good--can definitely tell a difference!

Sounds like you are doing great with your protein--protein shakes or ?

I would also appreciate some ideas to curb the hunger.... Lol

i found when i'm in the green zone, my appetite is non-existent! have to make sure i eat something, or i will get sick

I' date=' too, had my first fill today. Had about 3cc from surgery, and he added another 1.5cc. Feel good--can definitely tell a difference!

Sounds like you are doing great with your protein--protein shakes or ?

I would also appreciate some ideas to curb the hunger.... Lol[/quote']

I am drinking A LOT of Protein... I found one at Walmart... It's six star whey protein.. 30 grams per serving.... Doesn't taste too bad either!

I find if I chew gum it really helps my brain/board so I must be hungry. Plus drinking a lot of Water. I like to heat up water in the kettle and drink warm water it soothing going down and warms and fills me up like I just ate a big bowl of Soup. Just don't swallow the gum.

For me, this kind of sounds silly, but when I am on liquids, I make sure i have plenty to do that day so I don't think about food... I think half of it is hunger, half of it is thinking about food but if I fill my day up, it is easier to cope with.

I am going for my first fill on next Friday and I am curious what happens during and after the process

For me typically it is a very quick and easy procedure. Some places (particularly for your first fill) they will do it under Flouroscopy. For me the first time was more nerve wracking just because I didn't know what to expect. But truly, it is like getting an injection, plus it is less painful as there is no muscle involved, just some pressure and a small poke and a little more pressure. They locate the port under the skin either by feel, or during the flouroscopy, pull the existing saline out of your band to see how much is in there, then put it back in with the additional amount. Then ask you to drink Water to make sure you are able to swallow. After that you should be on a liquid diet for 2 days so that your body can adjust to the new level. Also some places use Lidocane (sp) but I have never needed it. It really is hardly a poke at all.

I had my first fill yesterday. I didn't have any Fluid in my band yet, he put 3cc in my band. I didn't think it was too bad, he had to try 4 times to get the right spot. I was a little startled because I could feel it as the fluid went in, it was a weird feeling, almost like it hurt, but more of an uncomfortable feeling. I was told only liquids for 24 hours.

I feel fine today, but sometimes if I bend over I it's uncomfortable. I think it is my band, but it is so hard to tell.

Not feeling as hungry, but still a little hungry. I had refried Beans with cheese and salsa for lunch. No problems.

I have been burping A LOT more than usual, just air but a lot of burping.

I GOT MY FIRST FILL TODAY TOO MY DOCTOR PUT 5cc IM ON LIQUEDS FOR 24HRS THEN MUSHY FPR 24 HRS THEN food IM SCARED IM GOING TO HELLA BE YACKING EVERYONE SAYING 5cc's IS A LOT BUT IDK TODAY I ATE BROTG A shake AND CHICKEB broth AGAIN I FEEL LESA HUNGRY BUT SOMETIMES I GET HUNGRY IS THIS NORMAL