Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band A Little Tight? Dangerous

Just talked to a nurse. She said my symptoms sound like my band may be a little tight. I am ok with them. But is it dangerous?

I get stuck once a day

I have a little burning in my chest.

ON THE PLUS SIDE!! I am not eating very much.

Just talked to a nurse. She said my symptoms sound like my band may be a little tight. I am ok with them. But is it dangerous?

I get stuck once a day

I have a little burning in my chest.

ON THE PLUS SIDE!! I am not eating very much.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I've been wondering if this is dangerous, also. I've had to take a Pepcid a couple of times since my last fill, but it keeps me from having any actual reflux. I, too, am happy with this course because I want to lose 13 more pounds by September. So, if it's not dangerous, I can definitely live with it.

what happens when something gets stuck? do you mind me asking?

I have chest pain and have to go to the bathroom and just kind of "urp" it up. Sorry to be gross, but that's the best explanation I can give. Occasionally I will also get a wave of nausea, but I've not actually thrown up.

I get the urp too. Its not bad. Yhats when you have the mucus too so get a paper towel.

I had a hiadal hernia repaired so the burning is not that messing up she said.

Boniluu - heart goes out to you. Right now, I too am tight - probably too tight. I have PBed daily since my fill 2 weeks ago. The chest pains, slime and reguritation is awful. That said, I have dorpped 8 pounds in 14 days (the 4 I gained + 4 more). I see the doctor again July 6th and unless things change, I will ask for a very slight unfill. I worry about getting enough nutrition plus these "episodes" are very embarrasing. I actually drive around with a roll of papertowels next to me in the car and carry them with me. I wanted a good fill because of the weight gain so I got what I asked for. I can get fluids down and Protein shakes so I won't starve. Hey guys, take care and hang in there.

Melinda in Florida

Honestly it is bad and can lead to a second surgery or removal of the band. It happened to me with my band slipping 4 months out. Be smart about the process and learn from others mistakes. If you can't eat, need to take something regularly for heartburn there is a problem. Don't ignore it - seek medical advice. Best of luck.

You MUST learn not to get stuck either by eliminating that food, chewing better, eating less, or more slowly! This damages your body and we did this to get healthy right? Getting stuck is not because your band is too tight, it is because of something you are doing and need to change (well, unless every single bite you eat gets stuck, than your band is too tight)...bast of luck.

TODDY How long have you been like that? Me 3 weeks.. Have you still lost weight?

I'm at about three weeks since my last fill, too. I can keep food down, there's just a whole lot of things I can't eat now that I could eat before. Usually it's the first couple of bites I have trouble with. Once I "get that out of the way" I seem to have a much easier time eating. I've only had to take the Pepcid when I've had something spicy, so it's not a regular thing and I'm not coughing at night. I've only lost about 4 pounds though, so my body is obviously getting something!!

Sounds to me like you are too tight. Can you eat 3 oz of solid Protein +veggies? If not get an unfil. There have been many people on this site who write in to say "I kept my band really really tight so I would loose weight fast and now the band has slipped!" NOT WORTH IT.

I can eat solids. I just sick once a day. Mostly from my food choices. I am o/n worker so I do not plan my choices well.

You can also develop esophagus issues if you are too tight through the continual reflux, even if you aren't feeling it now.