Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is This Really Working?

I am exactly 3 weeks out and wasn't sure the first 2 weeks that my appetite had changed, but all of a sudden for the last 5 days I eating 900-1000 calories a day and can barely get them in. I'm rarely hungry. I have been burning 500-700 calories per day through exercise. I do not have any fill, but have had 2 "stuck" episodes, chicken and the other was shrimp (I'm on a regular diet as tolerated) I'm not sure if it's the band or plication or both. Either way, is this how it works or am I going through some "phase"?

It sounds to me like your progression is too fast for your body. I was on cottage cheese at 3 weeks out. I was not allowed solids until week 5. I would scale back to mushies like canned chicken/tuna (I mixed them with low fat laughing cow cheese.

Nope... Following dr's orders... Feeling fabulous! Just wondering if it's too good to be true. I am thinking the plication is really working as my stomach is now so much smaller, I guess I am just surprised how quickly I'm getting great results! I'm thrilled if I am not going to go through "bandster hell"!

Just wondering if anyone else feels this so early?

I was banded on may 31st. I lost 17lbs. I'm eating no more than 600 calories a day and I barely get thrm in either. I don't have a fill yet so I'm not sure why I'm not hungry or why I get full so fast but I'm glad I'm not bring tortured my the need to eat! How's yourxweight loss??

I was banded one week ago today. I feel really good for the most part. I was back at work on Friday out of feeling guilty. The morning of surgery I just called in sick on and told them I wasn't feeling good. I still have the nagging pain in my upper left shoulder/neck area. I have walked everyday since surgery anywhere from 1/2 mile to 2 miles , so far so good!

I wish I could say I have trouble getting in all my needed calories! I am 4 weeks out and am hungry all the time. The liquids went straight through, the mushies stayed with me about 20 minutes and solid food stays longer but I find myself eating a little too much at some meals. I've never been one to lose my appetite due to sickness either so I guess this is no different. This must be bandster hell because it feels just like other times I've tried to eat right to lose but had a tough time. I go for my first fill tomorrow and I will ask the PA to be somewhat aggressive with the amount.

@aubrey.. I had surgery may 29 and am down 21 total, lost 8.5 on 5 day pre op, so I'm 13.5 since

Oops... Didn't mean to send yet,,anyhow Aubrey, did you have plication?

@ daddy, I swear to you this has never happened to me EVER... Not being hungry is such a foreign concept, I'm in awe! Never imagined this could actually happen to me... I've read on hear about folks having trouble getting calories in but never imagined I'd be like that. I can tell you I was hungry the first 2 weeks after surgery and then something happened week 2 and I am no longer worried about my meals... Im usually planning etc.. Kinda lost my interest... Wow!

I have been using My Fitness Pal... Love it!

If you are on or join... Friend me, (everyone... Love more bandster friends!)

I'm neatnickk on there.

I like it cause you can view others daily eating/activity... Really motivating on the exercise side!

Well I'm proud of ur progress. If ur happy and feeling good that's all that matters. I was nervous at first cause I was starving. But to find out it was head hunger. Wednesday will make just one week for me. So for post op I lost 10 lbs and pre op I lost 20 lbs. I am still on my liquid for 4 more weeks but that's ok cause it's making me know the difference of real hunger to head hunger. I just can't wait till I can exercise so I don't get to flabby...anyways good luck and keep up the good work

Well I'm proud of ur progress. If ur happy and feeling good that's all that matters. I was nervous at first cause I was starving. But to find out it was head hunger. Wednesday will make just one week for me. So for post op I lost 10 lbs and pre op I lost 20 lbs. I am still on my liquid for 4 more weeks but that's ok cause it's making me know the difference of real hunger to head hunger. I just can't wait till I can exercise so I don't get to flabby...anyways good luck and keep up the good work

Why thank you! Great job on your loss... I'm working 5 pounds at a time to 30. Someone posted about how many 5 lb bags of sugar have you lost... So I look at it that way.

You have hit the nail on the head for me. After reading that I realized I stopped being hungry when I faithfully started exercising! I do 30 hard, excruciating minutes on my elliptical every AM... It kills me and I have to talk myself the whole way through, " you can't give up, you have to finish" I can't do much walking because of a bad case of plantar facitis, even after a cortizone shot and new orthotics... So the elliptical is better. I also do some Water aerobics each day on my own, but other than that, not much. I do not want to waste my work out on "bad" food.., so I'm thinking I may really be changing! Wow! Thanks so much for sharing that!