Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! Im Kinda Freaking Out

I'm 3 weeks post-op and my port area is kinda sore feels like a bruise ...does anyone know if it coulda flipped..

I doubt your port flipped. Around my three week mark, i started having sensations/discomfort in ways I hadn't had before. I figure its just that more of the swelling went down and I'm sure it will go away soon (as other people have told me). If you are really concerned, call your doctor, but I think its just normal healing.

Thank u so much...I'm not in big pain but it just sore,tender and kinda a tighting feeling...

Yup i had the same issue. Lasted for many weeks after that. Remeber that it is alien to our bodied and whne you actually see one they are pretty big really and hard. So they are bound to cause some discomfort. It does go away though and whne you can feel it easily it is kinda cool really(a guy thing i think) :lol:

I wonder if it might be related to the decreased swelling in your abdomen? I will hit three weeks on Friday. My port incision still isn't healed. It's ugly!

I'm 3 weeks post-op and my port area is kinda sore feels like a bruise ...does anyone know if it coulda flipped..

You are only 3 weeks into this. I was very sore up even a month post op. I thought mine had flipped as I felt a large lump under my port scar...but come to find out my port is actually located about an inch under the port scar and the pain I was feeling was/is probably just scar tissue.

Mine hurt too. They explained my body was forming scar tissue to hold the port in place. It still hurts when I do crunches but Dr said crunch away. It is just getting more and more "settled in". I would not worry about it.

I did however, have that same fear as you after reading stuff on here. However, at first fill, they found it and said it is "just right".

Omg thanks everyone yes I feel a lump thingy on my scar so that was freaking me out