Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I been doing well with my weightloss :rolleyes: and im feeling great its been a lil over 3 months . I just had my 3 rd fill and its all going great if it wasnt for my hair coming out like crazy. I had hairloss prior to surgery , from a endoscopy i had done in august 3 months after that my hair started coming out for bout a good 3 months then it stopped but now its like really coming out . And i know its not the lapband its probably from the surgery itself. I didnt have a lot of hair to begin with, it real fine and thin. Half of it came out fom Dec. till March. And now 2 weeks ago its started again :( im started taking Biotin in december, i also have something that i put in my Shampoo i started months ago thats suppose to help with the hairloss so the doctor said!! But right now its not helping . Has anyone else had hairloss from surgery ??? :blink: if so how long did it last ?

I have been having hairless to since surgery. I was told that if we aren't getting enough protien after lapband surgery that we would possibly have hair loss....

I have taken a Biotin supplement since surgery and make sure to get 60+ grams Protein a day. Both these are reasons for Hair loss.< /p>

How much Biotin are you taking? I take 5000 mg (tick tac size caplet). I had loss for about 6 months. Not sure if it just stopped or the Biotin was helping. I continue to take it regardless.

I am also struggling with Hair loss. My doctor said it should stop at 6 months and that I wasn't getting enough protien. I have never had thin hair so it is alarming but I am hopeful it will stop falling out soon. I now pay more attention to how much protien I'm eating and I am also taking Biotin. My bathroom floor looks like a hair salon and every day I have to sweep - it's horrible.

My hair started to fall out about 4-5 months post op. I was lucky to start with a thick head of hair. I went to the dermatologist, and much to my relief he said I wouldn't go bald. He said the body goes into kind of a shock after rapid weightloss. It stoped for me about 3 months later. Hope it stops for you too.

How much Biotin are you taking? I take 5000 mg (tick tac size caplet). I had loss for about 6 months. Not sure if it just stopped or the Biotin was helping. I continue to take it regardless.

i take 5000 too been takin it since dec. but i know this only promotes the hair growth

I am also struggling with hair loss. My doctor said it should stop at 6 months and that I wasn't getting enough protien. I have never had thin hair so it is alarming but I am hopeful it will stop falling out soon. I now pay more attention to how much protien I'm eating and I am also taking Biotin. My bathroom floor looks like a hair salon and every day I have to sweep - it's horrible.

i know its so terrible but it really helps to hearthat im not alone with this issue , i might not get enough pritein so i will start the shakes again cause if i keep losing like i do now i bebald in less then a month at least that what it looks like....

My hair started to fall out about 4-5 months post op. I was lucky to start with a thick head of hair. I went to the dermatologist, and much to my relief he said I wouldn't go bald. He said the body goes into kind of a shock after rapid weightloss. It stoped for me about 3 months later. Hope it stops for you too.

Good to know that it stops :)

Thanx all for your reply ...it made me feel so much better to know im not the only one :) and im hoping not to go bald ....but at the end i keep telling myself its only hair it will grow back .....Thanx again for all the support :wub:

I so feel your pain on this. I've always had really pretty, thick hair. I'm 15 months post-op. in the beginning, I didn't take my Vitamins how I shld. :( now I've tried to really get it growing in again. I have lots of thinning in the main front. I've tried Redken system for hair loss......no luck currently using the aveda products.....hope they help & I also take 5000 Biotin & vitamins everyday now.