Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Its Official!! Im A July Bandie!

Oh, idk wbout that. Do you have to stay over night? My insurance is making me!

No it's outpatient for me! Well at least u will be waited on the first night lol I'm so excited for us!

Got a call from the doctors office yesterday. Going to see the Doc on Monday' date=' and also start the pre opt diet. Surgery will be July 2nd! Guess I will be celebrating the 4th from my bed. I'm so excited!!! :)))[/quote']

Mine is at 2nd July too at the spire hospital! Update me with how yours go! X

I have to stay one day - the network requires it just to observe and make sure all is well. I think the worst part is I don't yet have the insurance approval--have the date, everything else scheduled and I'm anxious about the approval.

That's great downhomechik! Hopefully u will get an approval soon! My only concern is how much up front costs I have. I know the surgeon has to be paid up front but not sure bout the hospital. I've called them but I still feel uneasy because they say I'll know more when I get your orders! So hopefully it's billed and then I can make payment arrangements.

I am getting banded July 10th!

Man, I'm so jealous! I can't have food or broth. But all I have "eaten" was one and a half protine shakes and one sf Jello cup. I'm drinking the second shake right now, so gross! Lol I don't know how I can do this for 2 weeks!

You have to get a protien shake you like I use eas advantage it only has 17g but only 100 calories so you can actually drink an extra one or two and still be under 800 calories and 30 gcarbs

I totally agree with deana here! Of all the Protein Shakes I've had these are by far the best tasting to me and no after taste! Yay Jackie!

Is that the Bariatric Advantage? I think i bought the banana and strawberry flavors I hope i like them with having to be on them for 2 weeks pre op starting next Tuesday!! :( And then 2 weeks post op too!!

Did any of you need an Endoscopy? I have to do that on June 28th to check the stomach lining and check for hital hernia (which i do not think i have)....

No I only have to give blood work the morning of surgery. I have been fighting a small cold the past week and thinking maybe I should have my doctor call in antibiotics to be on the safe side if it does not get any better this week. I am not sure if they are the Bariatric Advantage, I just remember EAS Advantage low carb Protein Shake. Let me know how the banana tastes, I may want a change of flavor after this case...ha

Did any of you need an Endoscopy? I have to do that on June 28th to check the stomach lining and check for hital hernia (which i do not think i have)....

I had the Egd which is the endoscopy procedure. It was a piece of cake.... I don't remember nothing during the procedure ( of course they put me to sleep). They did find out I have a hiatal hernia which I didn't know I had, but when I think back I do recall having symptoms.

My surgeon said if he sees a hernia when he gets in he will repair it right then during my lap band. I don't think I have one, but not 100% sure either.

Congrats!

Is that the Bariatric Advantage? I think i bought the Banana and strawberry flavors I hope i like them with having to be on them for 2 weeks pre op starting next Tuesday!! :( And then 2 weeks post op too!!

No it's a different one. I went through a place called true results and it's their brand. But I have heard good things about the Bariatric Advantage.< /p>