Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hernia Repair? Feeling Good

Hi all, I'm feeling better & better. Almost 2 weeks out. I was a little shocked to see my claim & it showed a hernia repair, which no one mentioned to me? I can't have a fill for 6 weeks & I a little hungry but tryin to eat small portions until my fill. Haven't lost a whole lot of weight but I'm okay with that. I don't want to develop a scale complex. It took me a lifetime to gain my weight & I'm okay with slow & steady wins the race. Hope everyone is doing well.

Tina

Hi all, I'm feeling better & better. Almost 2 weeks out. I was a little shocked to see my claim & it showed a hernia repair, which no one mentioned to me? I can't have a fill for 6 weeks & I a little hungry but tryin to eat small portions until my fill. Haven't lost a whole lot of weight but I'm okay with that. I don't want to develop a scale complex. It took me a lifetime to gain my weight & I'm okay with slow & steady wins the race. Hope everyone is doing well.

Tina

good on you Tina.. you have the right attitude towards your weight loss. Im trying not to be a slave to my scales as well. You are so right... it took many years to put the weight on, it wont disappear overnight .

So no one mentioned to you about a hernia repair?? im sure that was an oversight... It seems that most people on here have had a repair. i knew that i needed one, even before i had the lapband op. i was getting bad with it. Im so much better now im fixed. You will find that you feel better im sure.

Good luck with your weight loss... and you do have the right attitude. :)

Thank you. No one mentioned it. I'm going to call the office tomorrow as I'm concerned as I never knew I had one. It's so easy to replace one compulsion (eating) with another (scale) that I have spent most of my time trying to get my mind right for surgery. It's hard as I want to go super fast but I know in the long run that won't be beneficial for me. I'm excited I made the ultimate decision. Good luck to you to. Hope your journey is going well.

Thank you. No one mentioned it. I'm going to call the office tomorrow as I'm concerned as I never knew I had one. It's so easy to replace one compulsion (eating) with another (scale) that I have spent most of my time trying to get my mind right for surgery. It's hard as I want to go super fast but I know in the long run that won't be beneficial for me. I'm excited I made the ultimate decision. Good luck to you to. Hope your journey is going well.

It is... and will continue im sure.

Let me ask, what does a hiatal hernia feel like?

Let me ask, what does a hiatal hernia feel like?

well... for the last couple of years i had ''indigestion'' nearly all the time. I would suffer with esophageal reflux a lot and if it were bad enough i would vomit. Mind you, i always loved to eat spicy foods and did wonder if that was contributing.

i always had pain in my area where the pouch is now... so it would have been at the bottom of my esophagus, around the top of my stomach.

if not a pain then it would 'ache' is the best way to put it. when i got stressed it felt so bad.

it was when i was online here at the forum that i realised that perhaps i did have a hiatus hernia. this was before i was banded. i was reading how others were experiencing problems and many of them were like mine. So.. when i had my first visit with the dr about banding i mentioned that i thought i had a hernia, and sure enough i did have.

Now i have none of the symptoms at all... its a wonderful feeling. the only discomfort i get is if i dont eat properly. lol.

Okay, thanks Judy! I am experiencing discomfort in my right side, frontal region about 2 inches down from my bra. Feels like a rock. Just wondering if it was a possible hiatal. SIGH~~~ guess I need to see a doc! LOL like we all know this feeling, eh?

Okay, thanks Judy! I am experiencing discomfort in my right side, frontal region about 2 inches down from my bra. Feels like a rock. Just wondering if it was a possible hiatal. SIGH~~~ guess I need to see a doc! LOL like we all know this feeling, eh?

kathy?? im assuming youre post band??and youve not being diagnosed at all?. i strongly suggest you get it checked out.. it could be your gall bladder?? either really. let us know how you go, but if i were you i wouldnt be waiting, thats for sure.

i had a hiatal hernia repaired with my band and had no idea i had one.

i dont own a scale either and decided to have myself weighed at my monthly dr appts and go by how my clothes are feeling (hoping getting too big) :)

glad to hear you are feeling well.

well... for the last couple of years i had ''indigestion'' nearly all the time. I would suffer with esophageal reflux a lot and if it were bad enough i would vomit. Mind you' date=' i always loved to eat spicy foods and did wonder if that was contributing.

i always had pain in my area where the pouch is now... so it would have been at the bottom of my esophagus, around the top of my stomach.

if not a pain then it would 'ache' is the best way to put it. when i got stressed it felt so bad.

it was when i was online here at the forum that i realised that perhaps i did have a hiatus hernia. this was before i was banded. i was reading how others were experiencing problems and many of them were like mine. So.. when i had my first visit with the dr about banding i mentioned that i thought i had a hernia, and sure enough i did have.

Now i have none of the symptoms at all... its a wonderful feeling. the only discomfort i get is if i dont eat properly. lol.[/quote']

Omg!! You are the first person to explain an "achy" pain. I would have that in the mornings a lot. Drove me bonkers! I just thought I was unlucky enough to "feel" my band. Lol. I remember trying to explain the "ache" but no one else knew what I was talking about.

I am so glad all your symptoms are gone! I am having mine repaired soon and can't wait to feel normal restriction and no more heartburn/reflux!!

Omg!! You are the first person to explain an "achy" pain. I would have that in the mornings a lot. Drove me bonkers! I just thought I was unlucky enough to "feel" my band. Lol. I remember trying to explain the "ache" but no one else knew what I was talking about.

I am so glad all your symptoms are gone! I am having mine repaired soon and can't wait to feel normal restriction and no more heartburn/reflux!!

thats great you are having a repair done soon.. all the best of luck to you. keep posting.

I never felt any symptoms so I'm shocked to know I've had one. I called the docs office & his nurse got kinda snappy saying she had no clue what I was referring to?:/. I told her she needs to pull my hospital chart & have the doctor call me. Still waiting.:(