Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my first fill today and I was terrified because I'm such a Babi when it comes to needles!!! It Didnt hurt at all there was no pain whatsoever!!!!! I barely felt the needle it was over n a few minutes!!!!

I was scared it would hurt also, but after the first fill I was like "that's it?" . I was worried for nothing, it really isn't painful, and it's over before you know it. SO RELIEVED!

Actually I felt more pinching having blood drawn then I do having the fills. I got a fill this morning and as soon as she found my port it was quick and done.

I do not feel the Fluid going in. My nurse gives me a shot to numb the area before using the big needle to do the fill. You might want to request this if they do not do it already; but other than the shot there is no pain for me.

Not for me. I don't even feel the needle most times. My port is easy to spot and I've never minded needles so that may help me out! lol

I get my first fill this coming Monday the 18th..compared to everything else endured..which really wasn't all that terrible..this will be a piece of cake I figure , and something I am looking forward to so I can become less of an embodiment to get to the person who lies within me..lol....

I'm a pretty big wimp, but it's nothing. I am not even numbed before. They just prod around for my port, then do the fill. No problems. I've had I think 4 fills so far.

Does the fill hurt? I get mixed answers

no it doesnt.

I am the BIGGEST wimp in the land when it comes to ANY needle; honestly, the fill took 2 minutes and NO PAIN; I agree with the above posts that an IV or blood work is more painful than a fill. I couldn't sleep 2 days before my June 6th fill and then I felt really silly because it was so easy. Good Luck~

My doc has "freeze spray" and I never feel it when done right. Sometimes if you have a hard to find port it can get pokey but it's nothing but poking. Don't look. You'll be fine.

My doc has "freeze spray" and I never feel it when done right. Sometimes if you have a hard to find port it can get pokey but it's nothing but poking. Don't look. You'll be fine.

it could have been some sort of freeze spray that my dr used, but on a gause dressing. i know that i never felt it and it was instant. i just had to raise my head off the bed so my tummy was strained and the port was there to see.