Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey I'm trying to find a doctor in Virginia that Will do my fills. I had my surgery done in Mexico, so I have to find a doctor that what take an international bander...would yall mind letting me know what doctor you use and maybe their contact information?? Thanks!

Hey I'm trying to find a doctor in Virginia that Will do my fills. I had my surgery done in Mexico' date=' so I have to find a doctor that what take an international bander...would yall mind letting me know what doctor you use and maybe their contact information?? Thanks![/quote']

My Dr is in Richmond - his name is Dr. Adeso, not sure about international banders, but wont hurt to ask, the office # is 804-240-1850

My Dr is in Richmond - his name is Dr. Adeso' date=' not sure about international banders, but wont hurt to ask, the office # is 804-240-1850[/quote']

Ooops not 240... its 804-200-1850

Northern Virginia. Bluepoint surgical did my band

Hi Kate, I had Dr. Moazzez as well. Have you been to any support group sessions? I'd like to go but may not make the June one since it's my daughter's birthday.

RockieBarbie09, my family has been nothing but supportive, as have my coworkers. I worried about who to tell and a lot of people on this site said not to tell too many people but I've been fortunate. The one person who I thought would be negative asked me to keep track of how it goes because she might want to be next! How did your appt go today?

Hi Kate' date=' I had Dr. Moazzez as well. Have you been to any support group sessions? I'd like to go but may not make the June one since it's my daughter's birthday.

RockieBarbie09, my family has been nothing but supportive, as have my coworkers. I worried about who to tell and a lot of people on this site said not to tell too many people but I've been fortunate. The one person who I thought would be negative asked me to keep track of how it goes because she might want to be next! How did your appt go today?[/quote']

The appt went great! 20lbs down since preop & got moved to solids as well!! I have my 1st fill the 28th,, whoohoo!

I told my coworkers & close friends & family - everyone has been supportive except my grandma, she thinks I should lose weight the "real" way... my boyfriend was all for the surgery til the week prior, then called it a stupid decision, & still tells me I don't need to lose weight & that I am fine how I look (he's only 170lbs, he wouldn't know what being obese is like) ... but I didnt do this surgery for him, I did it for myself & our 10m old son, so I can keep up with him when he starts walking/running & wearing me out! :) Deep down inside its his insecurities of me actually losing weight & being more attractive (to other men).

What did you eat for your solids today? I need to find recipes dice I can't eat my "normal" food any longer

Since** not dice

Wow! Congratulations! We seem to be on almost the same track with this adventure. One of my reasons for doing this is my kids as well. I'm hoping to be able to do more active stuff with them - we haven't even tossed the football for a year or more and haven't been to the zoo because I can't do the walking. That's about to change. My wife is also concerned that I'll be more attractive to other women but, even if that's so, I'm not about to go anywhere after 22 years of marriage. I keep telling her that my body is getting smaller but I'm not changing my personality! I wonder if other significant others have these concerns - there seems to be no organized support for partners of bandsters.

My first solid meal was a meat loaf with grated onions in it. I have no idea why - it's what I had on hand. I need to figure out other things to eat as well. I know pot roast and brisket are moist meats because you cook them in Water for hours. I've also had chicken breast in cream of chicken Soup - small pieces of chicken chewed well seem ok so far. I do not like dark meat chicken, but dark meat turkey is good - maybe I should roast a turkey (that doesn't sound like summer food very much). I'm planning to start swimming laps, now that the pool is open; maybe I can join my 8-year-old in her swim team practices. How's that for embarrassing your kid.

Have a good day and keep up the good work!

There really should be a spouse/significant other support groups. The once a month group meeting here allows guests, but it's just not the same. The whole marriage topic came up in my pre lapband seminar... the guest speaker said that the lapband will not fix martial/relationship problems... and will not prevent divorce/seperation, etc & to not get the band done to "save" a marriage because in the end, the problems besides weight issues, will still be there. I told my boyfriend the same thing you told your wife, I'm going to lose weight, not leave a relationship. I think there really should be support groups, not only are we going through this total life change, but our significant others are as well.

Last night I ate a hamburger at The Temptations concert down here, no bun, took over 45min to eat, by the time I was done, the Burger had gotten cold & the cheese was hardening - today I had a hot dog at work (healthiest thing at the gas station I work at) I only ate half & threw the rest away

I experienced my first restaurant outing last night, my all time favorite, Mexican food. I was nervous they wouldn't have anything halfway healthy but it went well. Had a taco salad with shredded chicken - minus the tortilla shell & cheese dip. I even held off on the basket of free tortilla chips! I made sure it took over 45min to eat, & nothing got stuck. It was hard not drinking my Water during the meal, but had to have a few sips after i was done due to me accidently eating a pepper lol. I'm so proud of myself :) I thought it would be hard at first to resist the temptations on the menu (the "regular" meal I used to get) but I guess I do have the will power!

Hey daddyof4! Dr. Moazzez was great. No support groups for me but I have a band buddy I chat with every day for support, accountability and encouragement during the slow losing times. You know how the DC metro area is - getting to fair oaks is a pain! Feel free to PM me.

As far as all the stuff with marriages, relationships goes, my comment is that I do get a lot of looks and offers from men now. But as I did before, I politely refuse and thank them for their interest. My hubby, after supporting me through the past years (especially the last one), is more attractive to me than anyone else. Losing 66 pounds hasn't changed who I am but it has changed how people see me.

Hi Kate, I go to see the nutritionist and PA tomorrow - planning on getting a fill. Are they more conservative or more aggressive? I have no restriction at all with no fill and want them to be a little aggressive, not put in a tenth of a cc but maybe fill the band a third full? What were your fills like? BTW, I did get to swim a few laps (6) and my daughter gave me some pointers on improving my stroke - she's a good coach.

Did u have your first fill yet, can't remember the date you said.

Apparently I didn't remember the date either. I go next Tuesday, the 26th at 2:00. I've lost another couple of pounds so now I'm worried that they won't give me a fill at all! The weight is coming off but I'm still pretty hungry and meals last me about an hour and a half. I feel like I'm supposed to put something in my stomach all the time, either meal or Water or some other drink. I don't think that's the green zone yet. I did find a smaller swimsuit that I had saved in a box and put it on - it's now my new swimsuit! I'll report back Tuesday evening.

That's great! I have yet to put on my swimsuit, which I bought last summer while pregnant, lol so I'm sure it doesn't fit now, my jeans are so much looser, I have to keep pulling up at the waist. Ill probably go look for a new swimsuit after my first fill, woman's swimsuits are expensive, especially for plus size!

Keep up the good work! Let us know how Tuesday goes!!