Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain In The Port? Heh.

I think I may have a port issue, but not entirely sure what exactly is going on. 5 or 6 days ago, I started getting some sharp pains around and near my port. My imagination to what it is is the best way to describe the pain - it's as though my port is stitched into my muscles (I haven't the foggiest if it is) and that when I twist a certain way, the stitches are pulling my muscle. It's not crampy, it doesn't seem gut related, and is a sharp pain.

I am a truck driver, so I won't see home for another two weeks. My Lapband doctor lives in a different state than I do, and the Lapband doctor available to me near my home will probably not be able to see me when I can be there. I'll definitely try to see him, should this pain not disappear.

But I was just wondering if anything similar has happened to you, or you have read such a thing. Oh, and is my port still being held in place by stitches? As for the port itself, it feels like it hasn't moved and is still top-side up. It doesn't hurt to push on it at all (which probably means it's not what I imagine it to be, huh?).

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you have.

I think I may have a port issue, but not entirely sure what exactly is going on. 5 or 6 days ago, I started getting some sharp pains around and near my port. My imagination to what it is is the best way to describe the pain - it's as though my port is stitched into my muscles (I haven't the foggiest if it is) and that when I twist a certain way, the stitches are pulling my muscle. It's not crampy, it doesn't seem gut related, and is a sharp pain.

I am a truck driver, so I won't see home for another two weeks. My Lapband doctor lives in a different state than I do, and the Lapband doctor available to me near my home will probably not be able to see me when I can be there. I'll definitely try to see him, should this pain not disappear.

But I was just wondering if anything similar has happened to you, or you have read such a thing. Oh, and is my port still being held in place by stitches? As for the port itself, it feels like it hasn't moved and is still top-side up. It doesn't hurt to push on it at all (which probably means it's not what I imagine it to be, huh?).

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you have.

I am having an identical problem and have had it going on for at least 6 weeks. My Dr. says the port feels flat like it should be and when he puts a needle in it and pushes or pulls I don't feel pain (had small unfill to see if it would help and then slight fill). Because the discomfort seems to be just beside and slightly lower than the port, he does not know if it is referred pain or something else. He was going to unfill me and do a port revision, but I am self pay and don't wish to do that without being sure the port is the problem. It sort of feels like I am being poked inside by something sharp, very difficult to even describe, but I think we may be experiencing the same thing. Please PM me if you determine what's going on with you and also how it is determined!!

I am having an identical problem and have had it going on for at least 6 weeks. My Dr. says the port feels flat like it should be and when he puts a needle in it and pushes or pulls I don't feel pain (had small unfill to see if it would help and then slight fill). Because the discomfort seems to be just beside and slightly lower than the port, he does not know if it is referred pain or something else. He was going to unfill me and do a port revision, but I am self pay and don't wish to do that without being sure the port is the problem. It sort of feels like I am being poked inside by something sharp, very difficult to even describe, but I think we may be experiencing the same thing. Please PM me if you determine what's going on with you and also how it is determined!!

I want to say it's off to the side of my port, too. I think I'm now noticing that it happens more often when I eat, but then again, it happens when I don't eat, too. I'm also starting to wonder if it's something like my band has slipped. I'm not sure what the symptoms of that is, so I'm off to check this forum - certainly the topic has been covered, lol.

Something just ain't right though, that's for sure. I really need to get in to see someone. I don't know if insurance will cover anything band related, and maybe this isn't a band related issue? It's just so hard for me to make any appointment due to not knowing when I'll be home and if I can make said planned home time. This truck driving gig makes appointments hard. It'd behoove me to get it checked out incase it IS something that could render me unable to drive, while I'm off in some far away state with a load in my trailer.

June 22,2012

I just returned from the surgeon after having pain in my left mid abdomen area for a week.

Aching pain which was worse when raising left leg or getting into bed or a car.

I thought for sure there was a block in the pouch or something stuck somewhere.

After a CT scan, the surgeon said it's just the port that is "the mass" my primary physician was feeling.

Too bad I couldn't get into the surgeon first, but they insisted i go to my primary and then the ball got rolling.

Just muscle tugging is their best get. The port and connection look good according to the CT SCAN.

At least that is a relief that its nothing wrong with my intestines and I don't need surgery.

I was sure it was not the port that was the issue. It seemed lower and bigger and to the left but he seems to think that exercise or lifting boxes during a recent move could be the culprit and cause of the muscle pulling etc.

I can't believe it is a port muscle pain but hope it goes away soon.

I guess my best description is that it feels like a continuous distention feeling and never gets relieved.

kfleming

Best to you all out there. Hang in there with the journey.