Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay Im Going There.... How Long Before

How many days until your first bowel movement post op? I'm on day 7 and I don't feel like I NEED to just worried cause I haven't...

Five days and some miralax...smooth sailing:)

weight.png

I had my first BM 2 or 3 days post op...though I have IBS so going is generally not my problem!! lol

How many days until your first bowel movement post op? I'm on day 7 and I don't feel like I NEED to just worried cause I haven't...

it varies with everyone. i had the same issues, and two months on ive still got the same issues. my gut hasnt responded all that kindly to the massive change in diet.. the amount i eat plus what im eating. Im still having to use suppositaries and take tablets. i dont like doing it but i cant see how i can avoid it. i know that drinking heaps of Water helps a lot. especially with high Protein in our diets, we need more liquid. apart from that i dont know what else to be honest. if you are getting concerned about the time lapse, i would talk with a pharmacist. he would help you im sure.

I used milk of mag at 7 days.

Yes, Milk of Magnisium, you will go!

Milk of magnesia worked for me and then to make sure I stay regular I put flax seed (powder) or psyllium husk (powder) in my smoothies, shakes or oatmeal.< /p>

1 week later for me and very painful the first time. Took Colace for a few days before it worked. No more issues after that.

Was banded Monday took some milk of mag tues and everything on track. Pain meds can constpate you very bad and I don't wanna go down that road ever again! So I suggest stool softeners or Miralax soon

You need some Fiber, get some metamucil

I was like that too, it was 7-8 days when i decided to help myself along. Once you hit your mushy foods, you'll go! Remember your liquid diet isnt causing solids to build up. :rolleyes:

I'm taking stool softeners have been for 4 days still nothing.. Getting worried "/

It took me 5 days to go and I was in tears. I'm still not regular, now it's like every three days, terrible. Hope you go soon

I'm taking stool softeners have been for 4 days still nothing.. Getting worried "/

I had to break down and get some milk of mag and later suppositories. The metamucil was nasty to me but everyone is different.

Milk of magnesia worked for me and then to make sure I stay regular I put flax seed (powder) or psyllium husk (powder) in my smoothies, shakes or oatmeal.

...so its o.k. to use psyllium husk?