Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded in Aug 2011 but had a port correction in Dec. I've lost 50lbs and haven't lost any weight in over a month. I'm getting depressed and I've lost my motivation. I haven't worked out in a few weeks and I am not making good food choices. Need help/suggestions with getting back on track...please help!!

i had the same problem, i started using myfitnesspal .com to track my food, which will hold you more accountable,

i also am in the same boat as you, no port correction and you have lost more weight than myself. what i did was go to my surgeon and was honest with him that i was falling off the wagon and needed his help. he has me write down all my food intake for a week and come back yesterday for a fleuroscopy of my band and he gave me an adjustment with barium. i was able to see the band and the liquid going down which helped me better understand the band. i guess i always thought i should be able to eat 2 bites and the band will make the hunger go away. after i saw how it actually works, i see that the food moves through slowly and the idea is to eat food and when it fills up that pouch it hits those receptors and gives you that feeling of no longer being hungry, it doesnt stop you from eating more, you can wait until it empties and shovel more food in and more and more and more, the idea is to fill that pouch up and then stop so the hunger pain goes away. now that is the hard part. i seen it under feuroscopy that the band is doing its job, it is me that is not doing the rest of the work. i plan on getting back on track and researching more about how the band works and what my role is in making it do its job in the best possible way. good luck to you and pls talk to your surgeon and ask for suggestions, i am also going to see the nutritionist next week. god bless

i also am in the same boat as you, no port correction and you have lost more weight than myself. what i did was go to my surgeon and was honest with him that i was falling off the wagon and needed his help. he has me write down all my food intake for a week and come back yesterday for a fleuroscopy of my band and he gave me an adjustment with barium. i was able to see the band and the liquid going down which helped me better understand the band. i guess i always thought i should be able to eat 2 bites and the band will make the hunger go away. after i saw how it actually works, i see that the food moves through slowly and the idea is to eat food and when it fills up that pouch it hits those receptors and gives you that feeling of no longer being hungry, it doesnt stop you from eating more, you can wait until it empties and shovel more food in and more and more and more, the idea is to fill that pouch up and then stop so the hunger pain goes away. now that is the hard part. i seen it under feuroscopy that the band is doing its job, it is me that is not doing the rest of the work. i plan on getting back on track and researching more about how the band works and what my role is in making it do its job in the best possible way. good luck to you and pls talk to your surgeon and ask for suggestions, i am also going to see the nutritionist next week. god bless

Thanks for posting this. It was very enlightening!

Thanks for posting this. It was very enlightening!

you are welcome, i am constantly looking for any and all help i can get, i have an addiction to food and it has caused me to be obese, i chose to do something about it last year but the fat girl always wants to poke her head out... lol i am still learning and trying to adjust to this new way of eating and lifestyle, it is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. good luck to everyone

I was banded in Aug 2011 but had a port correction in Dec. I've lost 50lbs and haven't lost any weight in over a month. I'm getting depressed and I've lost my motivation. I haven't worked out in a few weeks and I am not making good food choices. Need help/suggestions with getting back on track...please help!!

You say you havent lost weight in over a month, but haven't worked out in over three weeks. I'm guessing you also started making bad food choices around the same time, which would explain the lack of weight loss.

Identify why you are eating crap and why you stopped exercising. This journey is as much mental as it is physical, and you need to stay in tune with yourself.

i had the same problem' date=' i started using myfitnesspal .com to track my food, which will hold you more accountable,[/quote']

Thanks for the tip, I signed up today.

i also am in the same boat as you' date=' no port correction and you have lost more weight than myself. what i did was go to my surgeon and was honest with him that i was falling off the wagon and needed his help. he has me write down all my food intake for a week and come back yesterday for a fleuroscopy of my band and he gave me an adjustment with barium. i was able to see the band and the liquid going down which helped me better understand the band. i guess i always thought i should be able to eat 2 bites and the band will make the hunger go away. after i saw how it actually works, i see that the food moves through slowly and the idea is to eat food and when it fills up that pouch it hits those receptors and gives you that feeling of no longer being hungry, it doesnt stop you from eating more, you can wait until it empties and shovel more food in and more and more and more, the idea is to fill that pouch up and then stop so the hunger pain goes away. now that is the hard part. i seen it under feuroscopy that the band is doing its job, it is me that is not doing the rest of the work. i plan on getting back on track and researching more about how the band works and what my role is in making it do its job in the best possible way. good luck to you and pls talk to your surgeon and ask for suggestions, i am also going to see the nutritionist next week. god bless[/quote']

Thanks for the great information!

You say you havent lost weight in over a month' date=' but haven't worked out in over three weeks. I'm guessing you also started making bad food choices around the same time, which would explain the lack of weight loss.

Identify why you are eating crap and why you stopped exercising. This journey is as much mental as it is physical, and you need to stay in tune with yourself.[/quote']

Thanks, I know the stress I have right now is probably the reason but I need to suck it up and concentrate on me.