Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three weeks today post op, and I feel the same as if I never had surgery! No restriction at all n my appetite is no different than before! Need a fill ASAP so I DNt feel like I did this for nothing...

Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks piat

Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks post op. I have 4cc's in a 9cc band. I still don't have any restriction yet. Just will power. My surgeon said it may take months before I get some restriction. Please don't be discouraged. Remember that the band is just a tool and we still got to work hard to lose the weight.

Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks post op. I have 4cc's in a 9cc band. I still don't have any restriction yet. Just will power. My surgeon said it may take months before I get some restriction. Please don't be discouraged. Remember that the band is just a tool and we still got to work hard to lose the weight.

I understand all of that (tears) but if I had the will power I wouldn't have had surgery! I need this to help n Im so discouraged right now cause its not! I knw I need patience but that has never been my strong point...

I am the same! 3 weeks since and I feel like I have no band. Also feel hungry all the time! Over the weekend I downloaded the app lose it. Seems to be keeping me on track. It's so hard. I need some restriction! Def know how you feel.

I hope you are not expecting the band to do all the work! You know that you have a big part in this new life, right??

You are still so new to this process, slow down. I think you are still in the healing phase. Are you tracking your food? What are you able to do for exercise, track it too. how about h2o?

Sorry to sound angry but you have to know that you have just started this journey!

Banded 11/28/11 and lost 12 lbs the first month. Then nothing till early April(3 mos). I've now lost 31 lbs since surgery. But the next 19 didn't happen till I felt restriction. I've had 6 fills. I didn't feel any restriction till my 4th fill late March. But I could still eat much more than a cup of food. Some foods would get stuck and I found I couldn't eat as much. Then fill 5 and 6 really squeezed the tummy. I may be a little too tight right now and I'm trying to re-learn how to eat with this band so tight and if I can't, I'll go back for a very small unfill.

No one told me(or I wasn't listening) about bandster hell till I was in it. I went 3 months feeling just as you do. But, now I'm losing weight and you too will be here. You have no other choice but to be patient. Or, you could throw in the towel and give up? You don't sound like a quitter to me? You're just someone who is venting and Nikki I hear ya. I never vented here but I did at my support group and to my poor wife. Waaaaaaa! LOL.. I can laugh about it now but at the time I was angry and disappointed. I think we all have this idea that we are going to be the exception to the rules and drop 10-12 lbs a month and by the 4th of July we'll be back in our college clothes. HA!

You can do it girl and you will.

tmf

I hope you are not expecting the band to do all the work! You know that you have a big part in this new life' date=' right??

You are still so new to this process, slow down. I think you are still in the healing phase. Are you tracking your food? What are you able to do for exercise, track it too. how about h2o?

Sorry to sound angry but you have to know that you have just started this journey![/quote']

I know that I have to put n work I just dont feeling I have the help I thought I would have Frm the band! It's a struggle to not eat when I'm hungry all the time! I have to cook for my daughter every day n force myself to not indulge! Think I'll feel better once I have restriction

I feel EXACTLY the same way! I am 6 weeks out & have had 1 fill (which didn't change anything). Even though we all listened to everyone say "it's a process" & "a tool" you can't help but think about how much weight your going to loose after the surgery that it's a little disappointing when your not seeing the results you were hoping for :( I have been counting my calories but I had a hiatal hernia repaired when my band was placed so I still can't workout or anything. Eventually the band will work! It's still early, try & stay positive!

I am so relieved to hear I am not alone! I think we all did the 2lbs a week for x weeks calculations and decided what size we should be by ______ date. It's really exciting! We made this really difficult decision to do the most drastic thing we can think of.... surgery. Granted we all decided to go the slower, more healthy route and do lapbands instead of gastric bypass. But still. Surgery was a tough decision nonetheless. And for alot of us it cost us a pretty penny. To not see the results we hoped for is tough to handle. And to accept that the rest of our lives we will be dieting and struggling... that this was not a way to be free from that struggle... is difficult. But we CAN do it and we MUST do it and now we have alot of help. From our doctors, from our bands, and from each other. Stay positive. Stay strong. Keep trying. BE HEALTHY!

Getting restriction takes time, and it's unlikely you'll feel any noticeable restriction after just one fill. Until you do have restriction, it falls on you and will power to make smart food choices and eat small portions. We've all been there, it's rough, but it's part of the process.

Hang in there, folks. It does get better. ;)

I truly understand when you said "If I had will power, I wouldn't need the band " For me it is mindset change. I didn't go through all this HELL of having Lapband surgery for nothing. That is what give me the will power and motivation that I need. Also, all the compliments on how good I look is a great motivator. My husband asked me if I am doing so well without restriction, why did I get the band in the first place? My response was that I know that my "will power" won't last forever and I need the extra help. But until the restriction kicks in, I got to work hard every day to stay motivated. Right now you are in the healing phase. Please have patience. It is not one of my strong points either.

Feeling hungry is the worst feeling especially if u had major surgery that we thought was supposed to stop it.I know it's not fun but the band will work.in the meantime I'd say if ur hungry EAT !!

1follow the rules:eat slowly ,chew thoroughly ,proteins first then veggies the carb.

2.eat snacks.this is against the rules of some dr.'s but for me I eat about every 2-3 hrs.and I'm still loosing 1-2 lbs a week.I hate feeling hungry.with the band I eat small Snacks and feel satisfied.usually Protein, low carb Protein Bars sugar free jello/pudding but sometimes it's regular cookies(I know not a good choice but never go over the serving size)

3.Journal ,ur more likely to make better decisions if u know u have to write it down.I find that even on my cookie splurge days I usually do not go over my total calories.

I'm in the same boat. My first fill isn't until late June. I don't understand why it takes so many fills to get restriction. If I'm paying per fill ($300 at my clinic...not sure what my cost is as I have insurance) I'd tell them they better give me restriction because I'm not paying $300 for them to give me 1cc each time. Imagine how pricey that would be!!