Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Does Full Feel Like To You?

Sign in to follow this  

since we are all new banders in this group I was wondering what "full" feels like to you? I just had a Protein Shake and after 4 oz of it I started to feel a little pain under my right breast. I little strange feeling in my throat... not quite like acid reflex but best way to describe it, now I have hiccups and a bit of pain across my back....I did liquids so I wouldn't call this stuck... just too much. thoughts?

Interesting question. Curious to see how everyone's fullness feels.

When I was on liquids, I knew I was full when I felt bloated. I would also get pain on my left side. Now that I'm eating food, it feels different. Feels like my chest is full. I can kind of feel the food sitting in there, and I know if I keep eating it will "overflow". I also may burp a couple times.

I have only been "stuck" once so far. That was a painful, deep pressure like a rock stuck in my chest.

I am sticking to measuring my food for now, never going above 1 cup total. I have never been good at listening to my body... in the past I would eat when I wasn't even hungry, and would continue eating even after I was full. This is so new to me, that i hope it becomes more obvious after I get fills.

Mmmmm....I've been struggling with eating in general. I'm never hungry and I have never felt full. Its the oddest thing ever. Doc put 5cc in my 10cc band and as of right now I don't even know if i'll ever need a fill. Stuck feeling happened for the first time yesterday. Made tuna fish with 1tbs of light mayo and it was not liquidy enough I guess. It felt horrible!!! The worst feeling ever and so painful. Made one egg this morning and had to force myself to finish it. On Tuesday I went 8 hrs with only two bottles of Water, not good. I have felt the pain under my left breast as well, so I wonder if that's supposed to indicate that you are full? Excited to see what everyone else says.

wanda I agree this is strange to me too. I don't have any fill in my band. Only 8 days out. I haven't been stuck yet as I am on mushies and I am so afraid to go through it. I am trying to force the Water but that is a struggle. I think that the pain under breast and in back must be the "full" we know. It isn't a pleasant feeling either. I am curious to what everyone says. It makes me wonder if I will ever really enjoy eating anything ever again.

I have to say that as time goes by it does get better. You know as someone that is 3 weeks out (the expert that I am :) ) The only thing that I can say that I had a taste for was a coke. I did cheat and have a sip and let me tell you, the worst feelig ever!!! Not because of the sip but because of the taste! It didn't taste good at all and that's when I was having the same feelings as you. Will I ever be able to have a burger or a coke? Will going out to dinner ever be something I look forward too? IS LIFE EVER GOING TO BE ENJOYABLE AGAIN?!?!?! Then the all time greatest...Did I do the right thing? I have to say that only time will tell. The pain under the boob thing is a little less painful now. People also talk alot about listening to the band/body. Have to say that its true. In the morning I need something warm first to loosen the band up and then I can have the cold protene shake or yogurt. the pain is worse if I start with something cold. I also need to wait a good 30 to 45 minuted

before introducing anything to my stomach in the morning. I think its going to take time for all of us to figure it out.

I think when I'm full, I have like a air bubble that starts between my breast and goes up until I finally burp and than it is a relief and I stop eating at that point. Some times it is like a very big, no huge air bubble and it really hurts. I have in the pass just kinda stop and take a grip and stop breathing until the bubble finally releases. I think it is going to be differt for almost every body. I think it is going to be one of those things that we are just going to have to sit back and wait.

I also have a hard time in the mornig feeling tight. I usally try to take my medicines first thing in the AM and than I have to wait about 30 min, before I can eat Breakfast. I can't not take my medcine and eat Breakfast all together or I will get that air bubble in my chest.

air bubbles in your chest? bubbles you can't burp out? I'm having trouble cuz I never feel hungry and never feel full. I try to eat three times a day, so I get my Protein in. I know I should be thankful about not being hungry, but I sure would like to know when I'm full.

What does hunger and full feel to you?

I just started to feel hungry last week I am 5 weeks out and have no fill in my band I think the swelling from the surgery takes a while to go down. I get the pain under my left breast as well when I am full and I burp. I will have my first fill next week and will let you all know how that changes my eating. I can eat everything right now but I watch and try and keep it to @ 1 cup as well. I got stuck and have to agree not the best feeling in the world but it does go away if you relax and let it pass. The best advice I can give is to chew chew chew and just when you thought you were done chew some more!

I tend to get the hiccups when i'm full! It's a great indicator for me. My dr told me I should never eat more than a cup of food total. So I do my best to measure every time I eat to keep me from getting that over full feeling.

I tend to get the hiccups when i'm full! It's a great indicator for me. My dr told me I should never eat more than a cup of food total. So I do my best to measure every time I eat to keep me from getting that over full feeling.

Measuring is a huge help to me as well. I rarely EVER go beyond 3/4cup per meal. My doctor says I can have 3/4-1 cup.

Since my fill, I get that "stuffed" feeling a little quicker and am not pushing it.