Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was banded on May 10th and I've been following my doctors orders dropping 13.2 lbs by the first week post op however, now that I have moved up to my shied and now the next step I have gained about 3 lbs. what gives? I'm only taking in between 700-800 calories per day trying to get everything in with Protein Drinks, Water and food. Will I start losing again? Frustrated!!!

I was banned on may 3 and I was losing until last week I gained 1.5 lbs. I've been exercising and eating the right foods, but I think it's normal. I was upset because I knew I was doing everything right, but I decided not to stress over it. As long as you know you're not cheating or eating the wrong foods you should be fine. It will come off soon.

Banded**

Its absolutely normal to gain a few pounds after surgery, especially when starting the mushies stage. This is "Bandster hell" Dont give up, it does happen and you will get through it

I'm a little shocked your doctor even wanted you to loose at all the first 4-6 weeks post op. This time period is for healing, not losing, it's pretty common for people to not lose at all during this time and even gain some.

As bluetigereyes stated, this time period you're in is often called "bandster hell". You're recovering from surgery and your band is empty (or has very little in it). Once they're healed, most realize they can eat just like they did before surgery because they don't have restriction yet, so losing becomes a matter of will power until you've had a couple fills and some good restriction.

Hang in there.

Was banded on May 10th and I've been following my doctors orders dropping 13.2 lbs by the first week post op however, now that I have moved up to my shied and now the next step I have gained about 3 lbs. what gives? I'm only taking in between 700-800 calories per day trying to get everything in with Protein drinks, Water and food. Will I start losing again? Frustrated!!!

perhaps your arent eating enough ? why dont you try up around 1200 a day?/ see how you go?? i do both... go from 1200 some days back to about 900 others and im losing.