Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things Moving Through Slowly. Too Tight?

I received on Tuesday my second fill after my revision surgery. My doctor did put about 3-4 cc in during surgery, and I got 1 cc last month and 1 cc Tuesday. I can just about feel everything pass through the band. It isn't that uncomfortable unless I take too big of a gulp or too big of a bite. Is this normal or should I get some taken out? I'm paranoid since I did have a slipped band before.

I understand the concern. If you aren't in pain, or feeling stuck, I would watch and wait. If it is not comfortable for you, then call and get .5cc taken out. We have to be able to tolerate our fill level.

Sounds to me that you are where you want to be?

tmf

Sounds to me that you are where you want to be?

tmf

That is what I was thinking as well. I think I might wait until next week to see how it's going.

I forgot to mention this, but when food or liquids pass through the band, it makes a funny noise like my stomach is burping or something.

I say you are in the green........ follow the basics and roll with it.

I agree, give it a week or more to see how your body adjusts and you'll also want to see how solid food and your pouch get along. I had a fill one week ago and so far solid food and my pouch are at odds with each other, sometimes. I may need a slight unfill but I'm finally enjoying the satiety/restriction.

tmf

Banded folk make lots of noises. Burgles and gurgles we call it. That part of it is perfectly normal. Sort of like when you put a new 5 gallon water bottle on a cooler. You get all those bubbles as the Water slowly drains out of the bottle. Chug, chug, glug, glug.

I received on Tuesday my second fill after my revision surgery. My doctor did put about 3-4 cc in during surgery' date=' and I got 1 cc last month and 1 cc Tuesday. I can just about feel everything pass through the band. It isn't that uncomfortable unless I take too big of a gulp or too big of a bite. Is this normal or should I get some taken out? I'm paranoid since I did have a slipped band before.[/quote']

Sound like a good level. You should be comfortable but restricted.

I received on Tuesday my second fill after my revision surgery. My doctor did put about 3-4 cc in during surgery, and I got 1 cc last month and 1 cc Tuesday. I can just about feel everything pass through the band. It isn't that uncomfortable unless I take too big of a gulp or too big of a bite. Is this normal or should I get some taken out? I'm paranoid since I did have a slipped band before.

o.k... to me it doesnt sound too bad right now. just take the time for it to pass through. im no expert though, and im goign through some issues right now. CAn you share with me what having a slipped band felt like? what were your symptoms?

o.k... to me it doesnt sound too bad right now. just take the time for it to pass through. im no expert though, and im goign through some issues right now. CAn you share with me what having a slipped band felt like? what were your symptoms?

I noticed I started having heartburn at night especially, and I could only eat a couple bites of food. I now realize I was too tight then, but mine kinda happened all of a sudden. I got some Fluid taken out about a week before, and one morning I woke up, and it hurt to drink or even swallow my own saliva. This was on a Thursday, and I thought it would go away, but when I couldn't sleep that night I knew something was up. I went to the doctor on Friday, and he took all my fluid out. Had a fluro the next week and it had prolapsed. It didn't get better over the year so I decided to get it fixed in March.

I noticed I started having heartburn at night especially, and I could only eat a couple bites of food. I now realize I was too tight then, but mine kinda happened all of a sudden. I got some Fluid taken out about a week before, and one morning I woke up, and it hurt to drink or even swallow my own saliva. This was on a Thursday, and I thought it would go away, but when I couldn't sleep that night I knew something was up. I went to the doctor on Friday, and he took all my fluid out. Had a fluro the next week and it had prolapsed. It didn't get better over the year so I decided to get it fixed in March.

how did you manage to put up with it for so long?