Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am only 4 days post op and yesterday had a small slice of ice cream cake! It was my son's bday! I couldn't help myself! I am ready to get right back on track. I feel so guilty and I had the worst stomach ache ever! I will never cheat again! :) I am also not drinking enough Protein. I have maybe 5 grams a day. It's disgusting! Any tips on how to make the protein taste a little better?! Omg! I am a mess!

No worries. You have all the time in the world to get back on track.

I bought some Protein powder, chocolate flavor, at Vitamin cottage. It tastes OK but I believe you'll have to give up on finding a Protein Drink that tastes like a Wendy's chocolate shake. It ain't gonna happen. This phase goes by so quickly it will be just a memory in no time.

tmf

I am only 4 days post op and yesterday had a small slice of ice cream cake! It was my son's bday! I couldn't help myself! I am ready to get right back on track. I feel so guilty and I had the worst stomach ache ever! I will never cheat again! :) I am also not drinking enough Protein. I have maybe 5 grams a day. It's disgusting! Any tips on how to make the Protein taste a little better?! Omg! I am a mess!

Beware the "slippery slope" of cheating on the diet...I know we all have some foods we still crave from time to time. That's not terrible, but I guess you found out that 4 days post op, you should still be on liquids...if you choose to indulge in favorite foods do so responsibly, and have a plan to stop after a very small amount. You definitely don't want to return to previous unhealthy habits with eating.

It is very essential that you find a Protein shake with 100% whey isolate protein, which has a minimum of 20g of protein per shake. There are many to choose from...if you don't like the ones you have tried, try others asap. I have used Amplified Extreme Wheybolic Protein Powder from GNC; 1.5 scoops of powder has 30g of protein, plus the 7 grams from the skim milk I use to mix it with. The shakes also taste better when you mix them in a blender. If you are not able to have milk yet, I also used ice cubes in the blender to make it thick like a milk shake. I found 2 flavors which I still use from time to time to make up the difference if I don't meet my daily protein goals. chocolate and Cookies and Cream are both good...but there are many choices. Make it a priority to find one you like.

Good luck in your search!

whwn i thought i could never do another protine shake my nurtionist said put unflovered unjery in your drink of choice for me that been peach flavored crystal lighr also unflavored can be added to other stuff pudding Soup greek yougert. Unjery dose make very good protine GNC makes some good ones too there a choclet Peanut Butter one from lean shake it 23 garms protoine for 2 scoops it very importent not getting enough can be dangous and in the long run it can cause thinning of the hair

If you are having problems with traditional Protein Shake flavors, go to Walmart and buy the Protein Shots. They are a fruity flavored Protein stick with about 40g protein per tube. It's really important for healing and weight loss to get the protein in.

It is very important to remember that your stomach is in the healing phase. I know it is hard but still to your doctor's eating plan. At 4 days out, your stomach can't handle solids yet. Don't beat yourself up. Take 1 day at a time. I tried several different Protein powers until I found one that I like.

I too hate the shakes I got from dr. Im still pre op n I have ordered starter pack from unjury ( a lot of people have recommended them). Should get them tomorrow. My surgery is Friday hopefully I find some that I can tolerate before then!

Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

unjury is awesome! I do the chocolate splendor like Mis said- with 1 c skim milk and a little ice, just to make it super cold. I also use the vanilla Unjury with 1 c trop 50 orange juice and some frozen strawberries. Yummy!! I also love their chicken broth one, the only thing is you can't have the Water too hot or it clumps (the sample pack from unjury will let you try 2 of chocolate splendor, 2 strawberry, 2 vanilla, 2 unflavored, and 2 chicken broth and they send you a little rubbermaid container and a thermometer).

Keep on the straight and narrow, especially while healing. It's important.

Well I got my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury today. I tried the choc spledor n I have to say not bad at all. Taste like ovaltine. Thanks everyone for suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I really like the chocolate Pure Protein powder from Walmart. With two scoops it is 50mg Protein. I make with with ice and Water every morning. Pretty tasty.

Also - have you tried Weight Watchers Ice Cream? It is decadent and not cheating :)

HIGHLY reccomend Max Pro from max muscle they have the best protien and only one scoop is 30gm of protien and the calories are under 170 per scoop. The orange blast flavor taste just like an orange julius.

I too had a big problem with finding the right protien as far as taste goes thank god I finally found this protien best of luck to you :)