Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready To Give Up

I was banded Sept 19, 2011. While i lost some weight postop, i gained it all back when i started eating. I am currently at 8.5cc in an 11cc band. After 7-1/2 months i've not lost much (really, it's insignificant). I've tried so hard to follow protocol and the menu my nutritionist gave me but it's very hard. I was never much of a Protein eater and when i eat a meal with no carbs, i feel very depressed and i find myself looking for food.< /p>

I know planning my meals is the key but it's hard enough to cook and plan meals for the family, so often times i'm not getting my alotted protein and am looking for the carbs.

I'm also having a problem finding that balance between being hungry and eating too much that it causes me to vomit. This usually happens during dinner. (not every though)

What's even more frustrating and confusing is that i feel restriction when eating solid protein....healthy foods, but when it comes to certain carbs (ones not allowed to have), well, let's just say i can get through an entire bag of cheddar flavored rice cake minis with no problems whatsoever.

Sometimes i'm ready to give up.

i know you're not much of a Protein eater , but thats why you're not full, so thats probably why you're not losing weight. Have you tried tasting different types of protein ? maybe some things that you have'nt tried before ? I love Oberto's Turkey Jerky (Costco or other stores ) . its a good protein source. Some people like cooking tofu, its full of protein. maybe ask your Dr or a nutritionist about other protein sources. or maybe other bandsters have some ideas ? Good luck- hope you start loosing again soon, dont give up !!

Many cabs are slider foods that go right through the band.u really have to get ur Protein in.follow the protocol protein first,then veggies, then carb if u have room left :-)

Stay away from slider foods. Try to get some cardio in as much as possible. Helps with the weightloss and the endorphins help your thinking stay positive.

Try to track your food intake. And most important keep "SMILING ", it takes time. Don't worry your on the right track.........

Almost forgot! Try Protein bars,.different flavors till you find some you enjoy!

Really help me, as I got sick - ass tired of PROTEIN!

Just......Sayin'........... : 0)~

Thanks! I know i have to take it more seriously. The eating that is.

As far as Protein, most of what i like are soft ones like greek yogurt, cheeses, milk, hummus, Peanut Butter, etc.

The solid Proteins that i eat are chicken, chopped meat, Beans, eggs, and i can tolerate tofu (although i've never prepared it).

The nut is allowing me to have my egg white omelette on a piece of toast cuz it just grosses me out to eat it alone. That's usually my Breakfast.

For lunch she recommends salads (with chicken or beans) but that has never ever filled me up unless i had a sandwich to go along with it. I am still hungry after that and end up going for a bowl of high Fiber high Protein Cereal.

The reason why i feel like giving up is because i feel so deprived and whenever i feel deprived, i go for the foods i'm not supposed to be eating (and somehow those go down perfectly, and in great quantities).

I'm wondering if i should even get a fill at my appt this monday. I mean i can get through the egg on toast with sliced tomatoes pretty well. It's dinner that is always my problem.......in those first few bites, either i'm not chewing well or i'm eating too fast cuz i'm not concentrating and then i get stuck....

what do all of you eat for your meals?

lapbandaddy, i'm with you there. Protein was really never the star of my plates. I always ate protein but not in such great quantities and certainly not by itself. What Protein Bars have you found to be good?

oh yeah, forgot to mention that i do exercise so at least that part is going well.

I do toning dvds in the mornings and then walk for 45 at night.

I make my shakes with bananas, strawberries and the most important "peanut butter". Really helps with the taste.....

Cliff bars are my favorite... ......lots of flavors to choose from!

post-204863-13813134120023_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]24196[/ATTACH]

post-204863-13813134120655_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]24197[/ATTACH]

post-308176-13813140023433_thumb.png

post-308176-13813140024187_thumb.png

1 year, down 70 ish......... cardio, weights, Water, Protein, fruit, Vitamins, and love from my wife........

That's amazing! Good for you!

Will check out the Cliff bars. I have stayed away from Protein Shakes because #1 the nutritionist said i need to get the Protein from solids, and #2 i got sooo sick of them from pre and postop times, that i can't even stomach thinking about them. lol

WOW Lapband daddy u look Awesome !! Great Job !

Don't give up! It is hard. But it is worth it. I have had a very rough time. I was banded in June 2005. I lost 55lbs the first yr. Then had a panic attack because People started saying I was looking good. Gained some back. Then life got really crazy.Needless to say it has been a long journey. I'm still not at my goal. In fact in the last year I have broken my ankle and have gained most of my weight back. I feel like I am starting over, but at least I can start over. I haven't had a fill in four years so may 29th I'm getting filled back up and staring over.

I have a hard time with Protein too Cliff bars are by far my favorite. meat gets stuck but chips go down. :D I so know how you feel. When I did have a good fill I couldn't eat at night either. Someone on here said to me "why do you have to eat dinner? " What a thought! ummmm I don't, I guess. So I just fixed myself a protine drink and sat down with my family. I have eight children an a husband so I didn't want to miss out on dinner. It worked pretty good.

The thing is we have to make the band work for us. We do have to change the way we think about food and the habits we have. That is what it is all about. I thinks so many of us think the lbs will just melt off once we have the band. But the band is only as good as we are. It is just a tool to help. I haven't taken advantage of mine latley, but I know it will work. hang in there an together we will do it! :wub: your new friend Amy

I use to say I need a band around my brain, ha. It took a while and some tough self talk to get over the hump of my life changes. I thought, really Jackie, are you going to spend all that money, go to the extreme of having surgery and not push through the barriers? Really? I was banded September 29, 2012. It took a while to feel restriction. I could eat anything I wanted.

What worked for me is doing what the nutritionist said. Protein.....I drink Syntrax nectar. 32g per serving. (Amazon) Water...every chance I get. Less food....I mean, I'm full (never got full before the band) exercise....I hate it, but, I work out 30 minutes almost every day.

Hang in there, you CAN do this....really, you can.

Hi, Don't give up! I was banded Oct.26 and am doing well . I find that if I keep tracking I can see where I need to add more protein.( I use my fitness pal) A pure Protein Bar in many flavors adds 20 gm of Protein. Always stack your food if possible, it fills you up better and longer. I also eat a few Snacks of fruit or carrots, etc in between meals. That takes the edge off. Exerscise is always a good thing. I find that I'm not hungry after a good walk. Don't deprive your self of everything or you'll always feel hungry for that.