Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all this is my first post and want to say first off this site is amazing!!

A little background on me is I decided to have the lap band after several several attempts to lose weight and failing. I have a severe case of PCOS to thank for that. The dr assured me that I would be a success with this surgery, and would see results. With all that said I dropped 10lbs the first week after my surgery and since then the scale has refused to budge. I'm staying strictly on the diet and walking. Am I doing something wrong, is this normal or is this too not going to work for me?! Would love for any input!

You were just banded less than 2 weeks ago. The first 4-6 weeks after surgery are for healing not loosing. The best advice I can give you for now is to make smart food choices and put away the scale for a couple weeks. Once you're past the healing stage, then you can start worrying about weight loss.

Best wishes.

The weight probably won't fall off like it does with more drastic forms of wls so you need to have more realistic expectations. Less than two weeks post surgery and you've lost 10 pounds? That's pretty excellent considering with swelling that your system goes through. I didn't even think about getting on a scale that first week or two because my stomach was swollen.

I would also be leery of a doctor "assuring" me that I would lose weight with the band. Keep looking around on this site and you'll find those that are not successful. YOU have to work with the band -- the band is not a magic cure-all, it's just a sweet little helper if you work it properly!

Another consideration is that you are probably not eating enough right now. I am just about to go on my pro-op diet and have had a good look at what the food plan is for the first month post-op...... Getting enough calories is going to be difficult during the first month after surgery. More to the point, sometimes not eating enough can cause the scales to not move. Take the advice of the others and focus on healing and following your prescribed meal plan. :) It's not a race, it is a journey! Get well soon!! :D

Just so you don't feel alone, I'm in a holding pattern too. Banded 4/2 and holding steady. CAN'T wait for my first fill.

I do have to say if it wasn't all the info I read on here about being in "lapband hell" I would be very depressed and feel like a failure. Since I've read this is a normal and I just need to focus on healing, I'm much better.

I agree! It's just nice to hear reassurance and be reminded to focus on what I can control and the rest should fall into place!

Hey...that is true...like ten pounds is a lot if you think about it. I couldn't loose that in a year. I am in the same boat. I got banded three months ago and i have lost 27 lbs. I feel like it's not enough either. For the last six to seven weeks i have been working out like a dog...six days a week! for two hours. I could now run three miles which was never impossible. But i feel like i could still eat. I have seven cc in my band im just wondering when i will hit that point. But good luck to you, it's hard but don't give up : )

Dont fret....This is the healing time. I was questiong the same thing today, but the wonderful people here assuerd me that it is mormal. The weight will come off just be patient. Enjoy this time to relaearn how to live with the lap band and countinue to eat healty and workout.

scale is officially in the closet haha! Thank you for your advice!

i agree completely with this one. not only are you in healing mode but you are re educating yourself how to eat properly... small mouthfuls, chew, chew, chew, timing, and all that stuff. just leave the weight loss for now. one step at a time.

My hubby hide the scale from me, but I was healing and didn't want me to get upset with not seeing results. I was banded on the 12th of April 2012 and received my first fill on 24th of April. Dr said he didn't want me leaving country right after my fill so he did it early just in case there was complications. Since my fill I have restrictions and moving right a long.

Just take it one day at a time. It is harder said then done, but keep your head up!