Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band With Gastric Plication

Good luck to all of you that are having surgery this week, you are going to do amazing! Keep us updated!

weight.png

Today is my 2 weeks anniversary, 17 pounds down! Feeling great, recovery has been pretty smooth! 4 more weekd and i can start eating normal food yay!

weight.png

Thank you everyone for all the good wishes. Leaving for hospital in 15 minutes. Surgery is scheduled for 7:30.

Good Luck to everyone having surgery this week as well.

I will check in as soon as I am up to it.

Carol

Good luck today Carolann55. You will do just fine. The worst is over - the liquid diet prior to surgery..the liquid diet after surgery isn't near as rough. We all wish you the best. I am 9 mos post op and doing great...down 93 pounds..lost a bit of my "mojo" but working on getting it back and loosing once again. Hang in there and follow the doctor's orders - you will be glad you did.

Melinda in Florida

Hi bandedinky. I'm having banded plication on 5/29. The main reasons I decided on this procedure are that the plication helps avoid band slips and also I believe the weight loss in the beginning is faster. I know it's still relatively new procedure' date=' but I trust my doc. I think the cons of the plication are just that it's new and there's no long term research.[/quote']

Kah1213,

Thanks for responding! I'm still on the fence about which procedure to opt for. From the posts I've read on this forum it seems as though the plication is a good option, but my Dr doesn't perform the procedure. He said he's still waiting for more research to be done. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to wait for "more research". What were some of the cons your Dr told you of in reference to the plication?

What is plication?

. What were some of the cons your Dr told you of in reference to the plication?

It's not covered by my insurance and it's still in the research phase. My doc is doing it and I'll be part of the study.

Hey banded plication peeps! What's your recovery been like? My surgery is on a Tuesday and I'm wondering if I can go back to work (desk job) on Friday or if that's too soon? I'm trying to save some vacation days for later in the year. Thanks in advance.

Hey banded plication peeps! What's your recovery been like? My surgery is on a Tuesday and I'm wondering if I can go back to work (desk job) on Friday or if that's too soon? I'm trying to save some vacation days for later in the year. Thanks in advance.

I had my surgery on a Tuesday also' date=' I was ok by friday but def not up for work, mainly because of the lack of energy. Give yourself the weekend to recover, you will need it! I wish u the best of like, please let me know if u have any questions!

weight.png

I had my surgery on a Tuesday also, I was ok by friday but def not up for work, mainly because of the lack of energy. Give yourself the weekend to recover, you will need it! I wish u the best of like, please let me know if u have any questions!

weight.png

I was in the same vote....too weak to go back I took my week and I go back today and still feel weak. Hubby wants me to do a half a day and I will see how I feel.

Kah1213 - I had my LB w/plication done on a Monday. I went back to work on Wed (only 1 hr), Thurs (only 1 hr), Fri -back full time. The biggest thing you will have to deal with is being tired - no necessarily sore, just tired (you haven't been getting too much from a nutrician stand point. I agree with the others - take Friday off too and go back to work on Monday. For me, I felt awful day 2 - better on 3 and by day 5 I didn't even know I had been through surgery - I felt fantastic. Good luck with your surgery and please keep us posted.

Melinda in Florida

Starting weight - 258

Surgery date - 7/7/11

Current weight - 166

I finally met with Dr. Snyder! I spent all day running from one place to another since I live far away I scheduled most things back to back. In the morning I had the psych evaluation. It was quick, painless, and you fill out a long survey. Mid-day I met with the nutritionist for a one-on-one and went over the tips on what to be eating etc. again painless and easy. Afternoon I met with Dr. Snyder he explained plication and said that it shouldn't be more pain than just the band because the stomach can't feel pain...interesting. I also asked about the additional costs. Since it is not a free add on any more there will be additional costs; however, since I am on insurance they can not give me the numbers yet. I met with my surgery coordinator after Dr. Snyder to talk insurance and stuff. She said I was an A+ patient and said it shouldn't be long before I am approved because I was organized. My advice when you meet for your consult have a letter from your doctor saying your a good candidate, copies of medical records from the past few years (they printed mine for free when I asked for them), copy of your insurance policy, and any requirements done ahead of time if you can manage (i.e. sleep study, pre-op diet, psych eval etc.). After meeting with my surgery coordinator I did the pulmonary test at the hospital, you breath into a machine a few times and your done. The whole process was long just because I did it all in a day but very painless and easy. Soon as my paperwork is all together they can send it off to insurance. They said my surgery would probably be mid to late June. I might opt for July depending on work schedule. Hopefully this all helps others in knowing a little bit more about the process :)

Just call me cotton mouth! Lol, I'm all banded and plicated up. My husband gets me up every hour to walk at least 10 min. So far so good no major gas pains. I'll keep u all updated. Sitting up in a rocking chair watching the news with a dry cotton mouth- constantly eating ice.

Just call me cotton mouth! Lol' date=' I'm all banded and plicated up. My husband gets me up every hour to walk at least 10 min. So far so good no major gas pains. I'll keep u all updated. Sitting up in a rocking chair watching the news with a dry cotton mouth- constantly eating ice.[/quote']

Congrats! Keep us posted! Glad you're feeling ok.

Just call me cotton mouth! Lol, I'm all banded and plicated up. My husband gets me up every hour to walk at least 10 min. So far so good no major gas pains. I'll keep u all updated. Sitting up in a rocking chair watching the news with a dry cotton mouth- constantly eating ice.

Cotton mouth sucks,but happy you're banded and plicated! How's the pain? I hear the second day is the hardest.