Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band With Gastric Plication

I had the procedure on Monday. Today is the first day so far like I could sleep the morning away. I have had very little to no nausea and very little pain. the biggest discomfort has been the hernia fix and the tightness in the chest' date=' but the doctor warned me of that. I have been on liquids for the past couple days, as that is all I wanted. I have not been hungry at all and still am not today. I had some of a Protein shake this morning, but even then only a little bit. I am really grateful for my mother, who stayed at my house with me until this morning and she was wonderful. She helped with laundry, cleaning and other stuff I wasn't supposed to do. My recovery so far has been uneventful, thank God for that. Thanks to everyone on this site for your advice, questions and support - it has meant a great deal to me.[/quote']

Congrats! Uneventful is good :)

How is the nausea?

Nausea not too bad yesterday! This am like at 4:30 took a nausea pill I was feeling it, it's a little better now! Just some soreness in my tummy and back of the neck has been the worst( feels like cramps).

I have a massage electric thingy I bought in Vegas a year ago and that helped me all night.

Tough night but hoping it gets better I wanna sleep on my side again!

I had the procedure on Monday. Today is the first day so far like I could sleep the morning away. I have had very little to no nausea and very little pain. the biggest discomfort has been the hernia fix and the tightness in the chest, but the doctor warned me of that. I have been on liquids for the past couple days, as that is all I wanted. I have not been hungry at all and still am not today. I had some of a Protein Shake this morning, but even then only a little bit. I am really grateful for my mother, who stayed at my house with me until this morning and she was wonderful. She helped with laundry, cleaning and other stuff I wasn't supposed to do. My recovery so far has been uneventful, thank God for that. Thanks to everyone on this site for your advice, questions and support - it has meant a great deal to me.

Awesome!

Well, you guys make me feel like an "old timer". I had the band with Plication on 7/7/11. I am down 93 pounds and feel fantastic. I will not lie - the first few days I was really doubting my decision to have this done. I had PAIN - mostly gas related pain (I also had hernia repair). I was in the hospital 9 hours. I was off work 4 days and then like magic - the clouds lifted and I felt great - as though no sugery = although much lighter. I did have some nausea but found that the nausea meds made my pain better - the pain medicine did nothing and tasted gross. My weight loss has begun to slow a bit lately, but that is because I have been breaking the rules and returning to some of my old ways. I keep coming to this site and get inspired and am now back in the saddle with only gaining back 1/2 lb. I can handle that ! My only advise is to be sure you follow your doctor's orders (no matter how crazy). He/she is telling you that for a reason and before you know it, you will be back up and eating and exercising and feeling like a new person. Congratulations to all of you who are on this journey.

Melinda in Florida (Formally known as Short and Chunky !)

Well' date=' you guys make me feel like an "old timer". I had the band with Plication on 7/7/11. I am down 93 pounds and feel fantastic. I will not lie - the first few days I was really doubting my decision to have this done. I had PAIN - mostly gas related pain (I also had hernia repair). I was in the hospital 9 hours. I was off work 4 days and then like magic - the clouds lifted and I felt great - as though no sugery = although much lighter. I did have some nausea but found that the nausea meds made my pain better - the pain medicine did nothing and tasted gross. My weight loss has begun to slow a bit lately, but that is because I have been breaking the rules and returning to some of my old ways. I keep coming to this site and get inspired and am now back in the saddle with only gaining back 1/2 lb. I can handle that ! My only advise is to be sure you follow your doctor's orders (no matter how crazy). He/she is telling you that for a reason and before you know it, you will be back up and eating and exercising and feeling like a new person. Congratulations to all of you who are on this journey.

Melinda in Florida (Formally known as Short and Chunky !)[/quote']

It's been along time Melinda!!! I did it, went thru surgery. Scary of course! I was in the hospital for 12hrs. But came home. I was good yesterday but today is like (ugh)...

When can I sleep on my side again! Whaaaa!! Tough night! :(

Hey Sandrie - so excited for you...Glad it is behind you and you are doing so well...You should be able to sleep on your side sometime this weekend. I am a side sleeper and I know how much you hate being on your back. Use a pillow to hug and lay on your side - that seems to help. You aren't going to hurt anything and it might help you with the gas that always builds up after the surgery...don't forget to walk and drink lots of Water..Crazy I know but it does help with the gas and nausea or pain you will have. zip me a message and let me know how you are doing on Monday ! I bet you will feel 100% by then..Have a great weekend and recovery my new friend !

Melinda in Florida

Quick question for those of you who have had surgery... how long was your hospital stay, if I am reading correctly some are outpatient?

Well' date=' you guys make me feel like an "old timer". I had the band with Plication on 7/7/11. I am down 93 pounds and feel fantastic. I will not lie - the first few days I was really doubting my decision to have this done. I had PAIN - mostly gas related pain (I also had hernia repair). I was in the hospital 9 hours. I was off work 4 days and then like magic - the clouds lifted and I felt great - as though no sugery = although much lighter. I did have some nausea but found that the nausea meds made my pain better - the pain medicine did nothing and tasted gross. My weight loss has begun to slow a bit lately, but that is because I have been breaking the rules and returning to some of my old ways. I keep coming to this site and get inspired and am now back in the saddle with only gaining back 1/2 lb. I can handle that ! My only advise is to be sure you follow your doctor's orders (no matter how crazy). He/she is telling you that for a reason and before you know it, you will be back up and eating and exercising and feeling like a new person. Congratulations to all of you who are on this journey.

Melinda in Florida (Formally known as Short and Chunky !)[/quote']

Thanks for sharing. We need you to stick around here with us! This is inspiring 93lbs, that's awesome! Share some of your tips.

Quick question for those of you who have had surgery... how long was your hospital stay' date=' if I am reading correctly some are outpatient?[/quote']

I haven't had surgery yet but my surgery will be outpatient. I'm scheduled may 18.

bamasleever: I had lapband with Plication. I went in the hospital at 6:30am and was home by 4-4:30 pm that same day. FYI - I am no spring chicken (60) but in excellent health so I was not required to stay. I felt too good to stay anyway.

Melinda in Florida

I stayed overnight but I am glad I did. My pain level was pretty high and it was nice to be able to get some strong drugs that first night.

As far as nausea, it was a while before I became completely free of it. I can remember posting about it here with some others that had plication around the same time. It wasn't an everyday thing but sometimes I would be just fine and then would be hit with a round of it. As time went on it tapered off and now 8 months later I can't remember the last time I was nauseated.

Shy2012: I would love to share my "tips" but I really don't have any. I try to follow my doctors directions - very low carbs, no sweets, no fruits..bunches of Water and Decaf tea, lots of protien (he likes beef products as it makes you feel fuller) and the big one - 30 minutes everyday of some sort of exercise. I chose to walk. I was heavy and 60 yrs old so some forms of exercise were not in play. I have done 4 - 5K walks. I try to walk every day but that being said - I am tired of walking and I am sagging in spots now so I have joined a gym near my house and I am doing some other things - weight resistant stuff and things to tighten belly, upper arms etc. I feel great and know that I can do this now. I have eaten someof the bad stuff lately and for that I have paid a price (PB) but I am hanging in there and I come to this website for encouragement and venting. I work full time so I have to work hard at fitting in my exercise, but it is worth it. Good luck to you and stay in touch.

Melinda in Florida

Just an update: since I'm doing the banded plication, my doc just called to tell me i cannot do outpatient. i will have to stay over-night. no big deal and i'd rather be safe than sorry.

Kah1213: Hey, enjoy the rest and the attention. I would have stayed overnight but I was up dressed and ready to go. Sleepy and a bit sore, but ready to hit the road. Lets us know how you are doing... Good luck

Melinda in Florida

I came home same day! I was at the hospital for 12 hrs but I was good on my surgery day(wed).

Yesterday I was not good cuz of nausea. Getting my Protein in today so my nausea can go away.