Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Appointment Is On May 8Th

I am so excited and nervous at the same time, I cannot believe that I am actually going to go through with the lap band. I have an appointment with Dr. Sarker in Maywood, IL at Loyola University Medical Center. Is there anyone that has gone to Dr. Sarker in the recent months? I have BCBS IL PPO and I have checked to see if Lap Band is covered and it is. I was curious to know about how long does the process take from start to finish? I have high blood pressure and nothing else, my BMI is 48.29. I go to Loyola for everything so all my medical history is there in the system.

i used to work for bcbs and processed illinois claims :) how long will really depend on how quickly your pre op appts can be handled, if you need a medically supervised diet, what tests are needed on you as well as how quickly your insurance moves with authorizations. my first appt was april 18 and so far i've had initial lab work and that's it. my lifestyle change class is tomorrow night and friday is my psych eval. they told me that for this particular psych office it takes 2 weeks for results, then i'll have to meet with a surgeon for any further questions/issues/etc. assuming he doesnt need further testing on me they'll call me the next day with a date for surgery. they told me their fastest is about a 5 week turnaround but for some people whose ins requires a 12 month diet it can take them 12+months to get everything done. good luck and best wishes to you!!

Thanks for the response, I've checked w/my plan and thank goodness I do not need a supervised diet. I hate to be in a rush because I didn't get this way overnight but I'm ready. lol Good luck and best wishes to you!!! Can't wait for the day we began talking about post-op!

I am wondering how long did it for your surgery to be approved from when you completed all your medicals.

I think that it was greaet for the person who said that it takes years to get this way and it take awhile to try and cure the problem that was a very reasonabvle answer.. Thanks

Hi! My first appointment is May 8th as well! It was supposed to be April 25th, but the office had a problem confirming my referral. Good luck!

good luck to you!