Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spirulina As An Appetite Suppressant & Protein Supplement ?

I've heard that spirulina is one of the highest Protein aliment you can find. Has any of you used it as an appetite suppressant ?

Here is what I've read about it :

It can be consumed to reduce feelings of hunger, because it acts on the regulating centers of appetite by affecting appetite, easier to track while dieting or weight loss!

In fact, it calms the feeling of hunger, while avoiding nutritional deficiencies and fatigue, who often arrive in undertaking a diet. In this case, Spirulina take about 30 minutes before meals or as soon as the sensation of feeling hungry ! In case of intense effort (or to calm a great hunger) you can even triple the recommended daily dose no risk or side effects!

Annuler les modifications

I don't know if it's true so i'm looking for anyone who has tried once. Maybe even during the pre-op liquid diet...

I am not sure or even heard of this. However, like any thing you should always consult a doctor to make sure it doesn't conflict with any other medications you might be taking. Also, to make sure to check the side effects. Sometimes if we already have a disease of any kind, taking a supplement can do more harm then good. Always check with your doctor, that would be my first approach.

"In case of intense effort (or to calm a great hunger)"

Shouts poor translation to English to me. I would be very suspicious of taking something where the instructions read like someone used an Iphone to translate.

Crapola. Its a food and not a filling one - just a supplement that you take in pill form or by the spoonful (tastes absolutely foul).

"In case of intense effort (or to calm a great hunger)"

Shouts poor translation to English to me. I would be very suspicious of taking something where the instructions read like someone used an Iphone to translate.

That's exactly what I did ! LOL The text was originaly in french, I'm from Québec, Canada. The text seems just fine in french, don't worry !