Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Did You Realize That You Lost Weight?

How many pounds did you guys lose before you saw a noticable difference in yourself? I am 5'4 233 currently. I started at 252. My surgery was on 3/28/12.

How many pounds did you guys lose before you saw a noticable difference in yourself? I am 5'4 233 currently. I started at 252. My surgery was on 3/28/12.

I had a hard time noticing my loss until I did a side by side photo. I was banded on 12/20 other people started noticing in February but like I said myself it took a side by side picture to really make me see a difference. =)

I don't see it myself, but I am wearing smaller clothes.

I took before shots for this reason.. so 40 pounds later when i took after shots and compared them...it was a huge difference. But when i stood in front of the mirror i did not see it. So it really does help to take befoe and after pics.. I take them every 20 pounds! I am actually do to take more pretty soon.

due*

It took a long time for me to see it, down from 22 to 16 now, People at work starting asking me if I was on a diet..lol

I do now see the difference, especialy in pictures from last year on vacation,

It takes awhile sometimes to get your head and your eyes to see the same thing. I could tell I was losing because my clothes fit differently, but sometimes i wouldnt see it in the mirror. Now that I am kinda close to goal, I can look at myself in the mirror and see the difference but sometimes my head is like, wow, that cant really be what I look like. I dont feel that skinny. :)

It has taken time for me too see that i have lost weight but i have notice it in my clothing that their much bigger. But being honest when i see myself in the mirror i see that i look the same and that makes me feel out of place

i had lost only 12 lbs when someone commented on my weight loss (thankyouverymuch) but when i had lost 17 lbs and someone i had'nt seen in quite awhile comented " have you lost weight ? your face looks thinner !" Made my day !!! now im down 34 lbs and its really noticeable . today i wore pants and a jacket that i couldnt fit into a month ago and got a "skinny butt" comment from my hubby. Um, thanks honey , but i still weigh 190 lbs, so no "skinny butt", yet !! maybe later !

I went to my favorite Italian restraunt (I know boo) and the owner walks over, shakes my hand and says, "wow uve lost a lot of weight!" I told my hubby that's the nicest thing anyone can say to me AND then of course I didn't want to eat much because I was so motivated. My ENT said the same thing last week when I went to see him with an ear infection. I was so frustrated that none of my friends are noticing (or at least saying anything) but near strangers are noticing!! I take it where I can get it hehe!!

I have lost 75 lbs. in just over a year. No one seemed to notice until I hit the 50 lbs. mark. But the biggest comments came when I cut my hair really short!! However when I look in the mirror I still see myself as over weight. I am 7 lbs. away from the goal I set before surgery but now think I need to lose about 20 more lbs.

I found some noticed more than others. When I finally lost it in face people started to give me the wow. Now people dont even recognize me as i have rewind 14 yrs and have lost 115 lbs in 15 months. Finally at a normal weight :).

Everyone around me noticed the weight loss, but I had a hard time seeing it. Until I saw the before and after pictures.

It takes awhile sometimes to get your head and your eyes to see the same thing. I could tell I was losing because my clothes fit differently, but sometimes i wouldnt see it in the mirror. Now that I am kinda close to goal, I can look at myself in the mirror and see the difference but sometimes my head is like, wow, that cant really be what I look like. I dont feel that skinny. :)

I have not had my surgery yet, but I can still identify with your comment about "I don't feel that skinny". I have always felt "fat".... even when I was not. The really weird thing? My goal is to get down to around 130 -140 after surgery. That would make me about the same weight that I was before I had my daughter (back when I was 18 years old!!). The other day I decided to pull out some photos of myself from way back when. As I was looking at them, I could remember everything about where I was, what I was up to in the photo, etc.... but I could also remember disturbing things like not liking the shorts I had on or the shirt or whatever...... because I felt "fat"!!!! Looking at those photos from my 225 pound vantage point, I can see that I was in no way fat, but it clearly didn't keep me from "feeling" fat. I wonder what sort of weird emotions I will have if I ever do make it back to that weight?? If I thought I was fat the, how will it feel to remember what it was like to actually BE fat??? Anyone have any idea what I am talking about?? :blink:

I have not had my surgery yet' date=' but I can still identify with your comment about "I don't feel that skinny". I have always felt "fat".... even when I was not. The really weird thing? My goal is to get down to around 130 -140 after surgery. That would make me about the same weight that I was before I had my daughter (back when I was 18 years old!!). The other day I decided to pull out some photos of myself from way back when. As I was looking at them, I could remember everything about where I was, what I was up to in the photo, etc.... but I could also remember disturbing things like not liking the shorts I had on or the shirt or whatever...... because I felt "fat"!!!! Looking at those photos from my 225 pound vantage point, I can see that I was in no way fat, but it clearly didn't keep me from "feeling" fat. I wonder what sort of weird emotions I will have if I ever do make it back to that weight?? If I thought I was fat the, how will it feel to remember what it was like to actually BE fat??? Anyone have any idea what I am talking about?? :blink:[/quote']

Yes! i see pics of me when i was thinner...n i remember back then i called myself fat...now i look at those photos n icant wait to get back there! our minds play tricks on us