Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so i am very sick right now and am seriously thinking of having my band removed,i want to b healthy and slimmer but not if im sick all the time... know how id go about talking about a removal?

Well, first, talk to your surgeon. But you're giving up after 5 days? What kind of sick are you talking about?

Maybe you need some more pain medication? With the right medication, you can walk, which will help with the gas pains.

Also, try some gas-x strips, and peppermint tea.

Go talk to your surgeon. Maybe something can be done to help your keep it, but if you really want it removed just go talk to him/her. I was self pay and I know my surgeon charged $3500 for removal and I think it took the same amount of time and less recovery. But someone who had their band removed will be more help than me.

I bet if you search for that topic you will find the infomation you need. But I would try to see if something can do to make life with the Band more comfortable for you.

Cheri

Oh wow I just notice you were only 5 days out. Man I would give it at least 6 month before you give up on it working for you! You are just probably healing and after surgry some tend to get emotional, give it more time.

i know its premature im just wondering about it. very very nauseated,havent been able to get 2oz of my shake down or even 2 oz of Water for that matter,very dizzy fatigued..

You may want to find out if there is any saline in you band. If there is get it removed so you have time to heal and be more comfortable.

Yes, I agree. Call the surgeon ASAP tomorrow morning, and see how much of a prime is in your band, and see if they can remove all of it for you. Another poster had to have that done this week, and I believe they did it under general sedation, for her comfort.

Im 4 weeks out and have been in the ER twice for Vomiting and severe nausea, so I know how you feel. I got severely dehydrated! So make sure u are getting plenty of Fluid. Ask the dr for zofran which is a anti nausea med, it helps so much. Also if it gets bad enough go to the dr and get an iv. I did have to have all the fluid removed from my band as well. I just took a lot longer than most to heal. So I know how you feel, just hang in there it does get better ;)

You're only 5 days post op, it's normal to be feeling kinda bad. You just had surgery and you're only beginning the healing process. You have to give it time. As someone above stated, I'd give it at least 6 months otherwise you'll have gone through this surgery for nothing.

ty guys i will call tmr and find out

Should only be on Clear Liquids right? Too early to think of reversal. Maybe your pain meds are making you nauseous. My doc gave me zofran for that. Take it slow, hydrate!!!!!! Rest! Remember your tummy is still healing. My band was not filled for first two months.

i start mr so maybe ill feel better,my dr put gave me sum nausea med that worked 50% of the time,i wasnt allowed to talk to my surgeon after my surgery or even before i was discharged so i have no idea if theres Fluid in it or not,im starting to calm down alil im gna try and chill and see what the next few days bring.. ty everyone for ur support i love this site!

oops i meant i start pureed tmr,my dr put me on sum nausea meds,lol no no im not drunk :lol::P:D